Bhatura (Without oil in dough or Baking pwd in dough)
Bhatura….A dish which by default goes with chole. Soft and crunchy, yes I am saying both as it has to be soft and at the same time I like its top to be on the crunchier side. Serve this with chole and you do not need anything else. So here goes the recipe:
- 2 cups Maida (All purpose Flour )
- 1/2 cup Yogurt (Optional, but this makes it real soft and tasty. Earlier I use to skip this)
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for frying
- Prepare a dough by mixing Maida , yogurt and salt. The dough should not be stiff and not to soft.
- Let it rest for 2 hrs (Can make instant also let it just rest for 10 mins. I always make it instant)
- Heat sufficient oil for frying
- Divide the dough into equal sized balls.
- Roll out each ball into round or oval shape. Should be even all around else it will not puff up.
- Fry the Bhaturas on high heat. While frying light press the Bhatura from mid-centre to sides so that it gets puffed, with the back of your spoon.
- Enjoy it with Chole.
Check out different types of Paratha’s and Puri’s by clicking here
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.