Cabbage and Mung sprout soup
Had a big cabbage at home, was thinking what to do. So thought of experimenting something. Tried to make a soup out of it. Had some mung sprouts in hand so added that too. I simply added whatever I wished too. The soup is loaded with the goodness of garam masalas and vegetables. The soup was quite thick and creamy and it tasted lovely. I garnished it with mung sprouts instead of the usual bread crouton. I enjoyed sipping it hot in cold weather. So here goes the recipe
- Cabbage (1 cup roughly chopped)
- 2 tablespoons mung sprouts
- 2 small bay leaves (Tej patta)
- 4-5 peppercorns (kali mirchi)
- 1/4 inch of small dalchini
- salt to taste
- Sprouts for garnishing.
- Black pepper powder for garnishing.
- Put all the ingredients in a pressure cooker and take 2 whistles.
- Once cooled blend everything in a blender except the bay leaves.
- In a pan, add the puree along with the mung sprouts and just let it boil for some 10 minutes.
- Hot and yummy soup is ready. Garnish it with mung sprouts.
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.