Oats & Green Dal Toast
Last Updated on
This one is quite filling and completely nutritious. Comes with the goodness of Dal and oats and the lovely green colour and no one can guess that there is oats in it. I have taken the idea from Tarla Dalal Ji’s website. I loved the concept and so decided to make it my way.
- 1 cup washed and soaked green mung dal
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup of coriander
- 1-2 garlic cloves (optional)
- 1/4 inch of ginger
- 1-2 green chillies (as per taste)
- salt as per taste
- olive oil. (I think the original recipe uses butter, but I use olive oil)
- Whole wheat Brown Bread slices (or as per your choice)
- Wash and soak the green mung dal for 1 hour minimum. (Should be around 1 cup soaked)
- Grind mung dal, oats, coriander, garlic, ginger and green chillies into a smooth paste. Add water if required. But not too much, we do not want a runny batter.
- In a non-stick pan, brush little oil, and then toast the bread slices on one side. (My bread is a little thick as it is home made, and I have cut it with knife and not any fancy bread cutter.)
- Turn and again brush the non-stick pan and apply some oil and let the bread cook on the other side.
- While the bread is cooking on the other side, spread the paste on top of the bread slice.
- Now again grease the pan with oil and turn. This time the dal and oats mixture is facing down. Cook it on a slow flame until nice and golden brown in colour. Cook it on slow as the dal mixture needs to be cooked properly.
- Once cooked, your Oats & Green Dal toast is ready. Serve it hot with tomato ketchup.
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.