I tried eating oats with milk, but cannot daily. So thought of incorporating it in other ways. Something masaledar. So here comes Oats Paratha.
- 1/2 cup Ready to roll oats
- 1/4 cup Corainder finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic grated (optional) – I always use grated garlic and ginger, so that it goes in the tummy and is fresh instead of using paste (Not used in above)
- 1/4 inch of ginger grated (optional) (Not used in above)
- 1 green chilly finely chopped (as per taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon Red chilli powder (as per taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder (as per taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon Aseotofida
- salt to taste
- Whole wheat dough for Roti’s/Chappati’s/Paratha
- A little milk/water to bind the dough.
Mix all the ingredients. Sprinkle a little milk/water in the mixture to just make all together and roughtly form a ball shape. Do not add more milk/water.
Roll the paratha into 2 inch diameter, apply little ghee (1 drop) and add the mixture and seal it from all sides.
Gently stretch the paratha in your hand first to even out the filling.
Roll the chappati into 4-5 inch diameter. Do not turn in between just keep on rolling the paratha. If required add dry whole wheat flour in between.
- Once rolled, put it on a hot greased tawa or a non-stick pan, on slow flame.
Flip it after a 40-50 seconds.
Let it cook again on a slow flame for 1-2 mins or until brown spots start appearing all over.
Then apply a little ghee and cook for a min. Turn apply ghee and again cook.
Hot and yummy Oats Paratha is ready to be eaten. Enjoy it with plain dahi or nimbu achar (oil free as shown in pic).
8. For any stuffed paratha, it is best to first stretch lightly the stuffed dough ball in your hand so that the mixture is spread out evenly.
Check out different types of Paratha’s and Puri’s by clicking here
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.