Paneer (Cottage Cheese) Paratha
- 100 gms of Paneer (Click for homemade Paneer Recipe) crushed.
- 1 teaspoon of Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
- 2 tablespoon fresh coriander chopped
- Finely chopped green chillies (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilly Powder (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Ghee for shallow frying paratha’s
- Whole Wheat dough
- Mix the Paneer, Jeera, Corainder, Green Chillies, Red Chilly and Salt. Crush the panner and mix the ingredients very properly, or else there will be paneer lumps.
- Take a lemon size ball of dough and roll it around 1 inch diameter.
- Apply a little Ghee (just dip your finger and apply it). Put around 1 tablespoon of paneer mixture in it. Now seal the dough from all sides and for a ball.
- Dip it into a the dry whole wheat flour and lightly stretch between your palms so that the paneer mixtures gets evened out.
- Start rolling the paratha to the desired size (4-5 inch diameter). Do not turn in between just keep on rolling the paratha. If required apply dry whole wheat flour in between to roll the paratha’s.
- Once rolled, put it on a hot greased tawa or a non-stick pan, on slow flame.
- Flip it after a 40-50 seconds.
- Let it cook again on a slow flame for 1-2 mins or until brown spots start appearing all over.
- Then apply a little Ghee and cook for a min. Turn apply Ghee and again cook.
- Continue cooking on both sides until the paratha is nicely cooked on both side.
- This paratha’s freeze well and comes in handy in one of those days when you do not want to cook or unable to cook. Check out on how to store paratha’s in freezer by clicking here.
Have you tried a different version of paneer paratha with the goodness of Broccoli, if not check out the recipe for Broccoli and Paneer here and give it a try.
8. For Paneer Paratha or any stuffed paratha, it is best to first stretch lightly the stuffed dough ball in your hand so that the mixture is spread out evenly.
Check out different types of Paratha’s and Puri’s by clicking here
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.