Vegetable Soup (Cauliflower,Tomato,Carrot)
Last Updated on
What you do with cauliflower……….I dump it into soup……..completely hidden and mashed and no one can guess. I make the vegetable soup with whatever ingredients I have it in fridge at that time. So this time they were cauliflower, orange/ salad carrot and tomatoes. 3 simple ingredients and the soup was awesome. I have also not added sugar, as the sweetness do come from carrot. Just dip in roti’s and give that to your child, the roti’s will absorb the soup and it becomes so soft that your little one can simply enjoy it. So here goes the recipe
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 large size orange or salad carrot
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 tablespoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon asafoetida (Hing)
- 2 Cups water (Do not take too much water, as we do not want to waste the water, water can be added later to the soup.)
The above ingredients can be more or less, I have not measured it while doing it. Just approximations.
- Pressure cook all the vegetables to 3 whistles in a pressure cooker.
- Once done and the vegetables are cool enough, puree them in a blender/mixer.
- In a pot or a kadai, add ghee. Once hot, add the jeera and let it crackle. (One can omit this step but I always do this for vegetable soup or tomato soup)
- Once jeera crackles add the pureed vegetables along with the remaining water in the pressure cooker. Add more water if required. (Now the pureed vegetables can be sieved, but I do not as I feel that we do remove all the nutrients and fibres by sieving.)
- Let the mixture come to a boil. Once boil comes let the soup boil on a medium flame for alteast 10 minutes.
- Enjoy your hot vegetable soup.
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.