Grilled Peppers stuffed with Cauliflower and Cheese
Last Updated on
A different way of eating Peppers and Cauliflower, Loaded with proteins. We generally make peppers stuffed with potato but here the filling is of Cauliflower and cheese instead of potato. Also not a drop of oil. It is grilled. Grilling gives the peppers and cauliflower a unique taste. The cheese along with ground black pepper, give it a good flavor. Have got this recipe from the book, The Vegetarian Low-Carb Diet cook book. I have added much less cheese as the original recipe says and have used yellow and green peppers instead of just the green peppers as per the original recipe. So here goes the recipe:
- 1 green/yellow/red Peppers (Capsicum). (I used half of yellow and half of green).
- 1/2 cup of small cauliflower florets.
- 3-4 tablespoon of cheddar cheese grated (I used approximately)
- Salt as per taste. (very little is required as cheese contains salt)
- Freshly ground black pepper (Kali mirch).
- Pre-Heat the oven at around 180 deg celcius on grill mode.
- Halve the peppers, cutting through the stems. Remove the inner white part and seeds. I removed the stem, you can keep it.
- Place on a oven safe dish in grill mode shiny side up, and grill for about 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- In the mean time cook the cauliflower in boiling water for 4-5 minutes, or simply microwave it for 4-5 minutes, until tender.
- Drain and mix with half of the cheese and some salt and black pepper.
- Fill each pepper with the cauliflower cheese mixture, dividing equally.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and grill again in oven for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melting, bubbling and golden brown.
- Serve hot.
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.