Last Updated on
- 1-1.5 cup’s vegetables grated or cut length wise (I use Carrot, Potato and green peas, or a combination available in my fridge) (Other options are sweet corn, zucchini etc..)
- 1/4 cup onion chopped finely (optional)
- 1 -2 garlic clove finely chopped (optional)
- 1 Cup tomato puree (one can also use 1/2 cup pasta sauce)
- Green chilies chipped to taste
- Red Chili powder to taste
- 1 teaspoon of oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of Jeera (Cumin seeds)
- 1 tablespoon of milk for brushing the pastry sheets
- Salt to taste
- Tomato Ketchup to serve
- Grate or cut the vegetables length wise.
- If using green peas, just microwave it for 3-4 mins or boil them for 3-4 mins. One can skip this step but the stuffing will take a little more time to cook.
- Heat a pan/kadai. Add oil. Once hot, add Jeera and green chili.
- Once Jeera crackles add onion and garlic. Saute until translucent. If not using onion and garlic proceed directly to step 5.
- Add the vegetables and let it cook for 3-4 mins.
- Now add the tomato puree, red chili powder and salt. Let it cook until the vegetables are just done. Do not make it too soft.
- Let the mixture cool.
- Divide the pastry sheet in equal sizes. One can make diamond shape, rectangle shape or any shape one likes. I prefer rectangle shape as they are small size and are easier to handle while eating.
- Add the mixture in the sheets proportionally. Do not add too much or too less.
- Now simply press the edges with your hand. Alternatively one can use fork to press and also give it a nice design.
- Brush the top with milk.
- Now bake this in a preheated oven as mentioned in the instructions of pastry sheet. Generally it will be around 20 mins at 220 deg celcius. It may vary. Check the instructions.
- The top will be golden brown when done.
- Serve it hot with tomato ketchup.
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.