Puri’s for Sev Puri or Namkeen Matri (Round Shape)
Last Updated on
This is the same recipe as the one of Namkeen Matri in one of my earlier post. Here I have just made it in round shape. Even though the recipe is same, because of the shape and the thickness the taste differs. One can make it thick or thin as per their personal preference. I like it a thin. I also make this in small round shapes to enjoy sev puri.
Also this can be made in different variations with respect to the dough. Either completely with All purpose flour, a mixture of All purpose flour and whole wheat flour or Simple Whole wheat flour. It is up to your taste and liking. I actually simply put all the ingredients including the flour approximately do not weigh it or take cup measurements.
- 3 Cups of All purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 Cup Ghee (soften at room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon of Ajwain seeds (Carom seeds) lightly crush it using your hands.
- Salt to taste
- Water for kneading
- Oil for frying.
- Mix all the ingredients and make a stiff dough similar to puri consistency. Let it rest for 45-60 minutes.
- Heat oil in a kadai. While the oil is heating start making Matris atleast enough quantity for 1-2 frying rounds.
- Divide the dough into marble size balls.
- Roll the matri’s around 1.5 inch in diameter.
- Spread them on a plate or the working surface
- Prick the matri’s with a knife or a simple pin, so that they should not puff up while frying.
- In medium high heat put the matris and let it cook on slow gas. This is important or they might not cook properly.
- Turn the matri’s after 4-5 minutes or until they start looking a little cooked.
- Once golden brown on both sides remove it in a strainer or an absorbent paper.
- Store it in an airtight container. If stored properly they remain good for at least a month.
- Enjoy it with a hot cup of Tea or make yummy sev puri’s
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.