Quinoa was lying in my pantry for a long time. So finally decided to give it a go. Just added the vegetables I like and followed my taste buds, the taste which I was craving for, out of Quinoa, and it was amazing. I did not thought Quinoa can be so tasty with the Indian spices. One can add any vegetables one likes.
So here goes the recipe:
- 1/2 Cup Quinoa washed and soaked for 15-20 minutes in normal room temperature water
- 1/4 Cup Capsicum diced (I used red – Simla Mirchi)
- 1/4 Cup Green Peas (Matar)
- 1 teaspoon of Olive/Vegetable/Sunflower oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of mustard seeds
- 7-8 curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon of Red chili powder
- 1-1.5 Cups of water (More or less might be required)
- Salt as per taste
- Wash the Quinoa thoroughly in water.
- Saok the Quinoa for 15-20 minutes in normal water.
- In a pan add oil. Once hot, add the mustard seeds.
- Once the mustard crackles add curry leaves and green chillies. One can add onion, grated ginger and garlic too. (I have not added)
- Add the capsicum and green peas and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the remaining masala’s.
- Now add the Quinoa (Water removed)
- Saute the Quinoa for 3-4 minutes so that it gets roasted.
- Now add 1-1.5 cups water and let it cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- The Quinoa will become translucent and will puff up once cooked. If desired add more water and let it cook for another 5 minutes or so.
- Serve hot as a main course.
Some Information (Source Wikipedia)
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.