So after a long time I am blogging. Was missing my blog and recipes to try but not getting enough time. Anyways not going to cry about it any further.
So Now I am trying new food and flavors for my baby. I wanted a finger food so that my baby can enjoy on her own, something new (as my baby does not want to eat the same twice :-(( )and obviously healthy and quick to make.
So I tried a simple Jowar(Sorghum) Pancake. Simple and easy ingredients, just added water, tomato puree (or very very finely chopped) and lastly topped with cheddar cheese to give some flavor. It is a good finger food for your little one to munch especially the children’s who like to explore on their own. Give it a try and I am sure your baby will like it and so do the children’s and adults. So here goes the recipe………..
- 1 Tablespoon of Jowar Flour.
- 1-2 Tablespoon of luke warm water
- 1/2 – 3/4 Tablespoon of Tomato Puree or Chopped Tomatoes
- a pinch of salt (optional if you do not give salt to baby)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) / Butter for shallow frying. (one can use oil, but I prefer Ghee/Butter for baby)
- Soak the Jowar along with the salt in enough water to make a thick consistency batter. (Sorry for the picture not clear enough)
- Set aside for 5-7 mintues for the Jowar to soak.
- Add the tomato puree or chopped tomatoes to it and adjust the consistency. We require a medium consistency batter not too thin, not too thick.
- Heat a pan and add around 1/4 teaspoon of Ghee or Butter.
- Add a tablespoonful of batter and spread it to around 2 inch in diameter
- Let it cook on medium flame.
- Once the top looks dry apply a little ghee and flip it and cook the other side until golden brown.
- Flip again, top it up with shredded cheese if you like and let it cook for another minute.
- Cut it into 4 pieces or smaller for your baby to indulge.
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.