Left Over Dal Pancake
Last Updated on
Had some left over dal and bored of eating. I generally mix it in my chapati dough, this time I made a pan cake out of it. I have added some healthy flours like rice , bajra, besan and vegetables in this to make it a healthy and complete meal in itself.
Click here to view more different varieties of healthy, kid loving pancakes here.
So here goes the recipe:
- left over Dal (lentils curry) around 1-1.5 cup. My Dal is thick.
- 1 small Carrot finely chopped
- 1 small onion (optional)
- Green onions (optional)
- 2 Cups of rice flour + Bajra (Pearl millet flour) + Besan (Chickpea flour) + Semolina
- Garlic (optional)
- Green chillies (as per taste)
- Salt as needed
- Oil for shallow frying
- Water as needed
- Feel free to change the vegetables and flour, just play around it.
- Add all the extra flavoring items like Coriander, chillies, garlic and coriander according to your Dal flavor,
- In a Big bowl, add the flour and the dal and give it nice mix.
- Add in the vegetables, onion, garlic, green chillies, coriander and salt. Mix it nicely. Add water to achieve a dropping consistency.
- Heat a dosa tawa or pan. Once hot, drizzle some oil on the pan. Wipe the pan with a tissue paper or a half cut potato.
- Take 2 tablespoons of batter and spread it like dosa.
- Once half cooked drizzle some oil on the sides and top of it and let it cook. It will start leaving sides.
- Flip it and let it cook on the other side. One can make it crisp or soft as per taste.
- Serve hot simply with tomato ketchup.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.