Cornflakes Granola (No Oil/Butter/Egg)
Last Updated on
Had bought a big box of Cornflakes and were bored of eating it with milk. It was simply lying there, did not want to throw it so thought of trying Cornflakes Granola. I replaced the Oats with Cornflakes. The end result a crunchy and healthy snack to munch and lightly sweet to satisfy your sweet cravings. One can simply put it in milk, or top it in your smoothie or in your fruit bowl, or enjoy it as is , the possibilities are endless.
so here goes the recipe:
- 3 Cups Cornflakes
- 1/2 Cup Dates (I used Mejdool ones – roughly 10-11 pieces)
- 1/2 Cup Almonds
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Raisins
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon powder (Optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg powder (Optional)
- One can use any combination of nuts
- Honey can be substituted by Maple syrup or any other sweetner too and the quantity can be increased, but corn flakes are already a bit sweet, so I added less.
- I did not add any oil or butter, as did not want to increase the fat content, one can add if required.
- Preheat the oven to 150 Deg Celsius.
- Add the Dates, walnuts, almonds, raisins, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, sunflower seeds in a food processor and chop them coarsely. We want bit size pieces.
- In a big bowl, add Cornflakes, cinnamon, nutmeg, chopped nuts and seeds, honey, salt, vanilla extract and water and give it a good mix.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the mixture on it. (One can even make bars out of it.)
- Let it bake for 55-60 minutes , stirring in between at around 30 minutes, until lightly brown.
- The mixture should be dry to touch. If it looks a bit moist after 60 minutes, just leave it on the counter to cool. It will all dry up.
- Cool completely and store it in an air tight container.
- Enjoy it with milk, yogurt, smoothie or as is.
Thank you for stopping by. Love to read your comments and feedback.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to our email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.