No Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
I make a lot of chocolate cookies as my son loves them, and I do not like to buy it from the shop due to high sugar content. This time, I wanted to try a different recipe so tried the one with coconut oil.
This chocolate cookies are the most delicious, melt in the mouth with a lovely soft texture. They are rich and dense and full of cocoa flavor. This cookies are without butter. I have used coconut oil in this, which to my surprise had added a rich and dense flavor.
Me and my son enjoyed it with a hot cup of coffee, I bet you cannot stop yourself after eating one. The original recipe is taken from here.
I am writing this recipe so that all the kids can enjoy and sharing it with “Kids Delight, Chocolate dishes” on Blogging Marathon.
So here goes the recipe:
- 1/2 Cup melted and cooled coconut oil.
- 1/2 Cup dark brown Sugar
- 1 small egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cups All purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 Cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 Deg Celsius. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add the melted and slightly cooled oil and stir in the brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg .
- Stir the egg and vanilla extract in the above mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, baking soda and baking powder, one by one in the bowl. Give it a good mix.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Make lemon size balls of it with your hand and form a round shape. I use an Ice cream Scooper to take equal portions of the cookie dough.
- I took the help of my kid, in forming the shape, he also happy mumma also happy 🙂
- Do not flatten the cookie.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes until the edges are just firm.
- Remove from the oven and let it sit on the cookie tray for another 10 minutes. It will continue baking.
- Let it cool further on a baking tray.
- Once cooled store it in an air tight container.
- Enjoy it with a cup of coffee or hot milk.
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.