Greek yogurt is yogurt that has been strained to remove most of its whey, resulting in thicker consistency than unstrained yogurt, while preserving its taste. It has more protein than milk which is essential for your body and specially if you are a non meat eater. It’s a great source of calcium. It has a higher protein content than normal yogurt, which helps improve body health. Greek yogurt is one of the healthy food for those who run low carbohydrate diets. Sugar content in Greek yogurt is lower than ordinary yogurt. Greek yogurt also has less sodium content than normal yogurt.
I generally top the Greek yogurt with whichever fruit I have. Mostly berries like Strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries and Blackberries. To talk about health benefits of berries they are loaded with Vitamin A, Vitamin B9 , folate, Vitamin E, Vitamin, Vitamin K , Iron, Potassium, Magnesium. These nutrients help in improving memory, eyesight, reduce inflammation , anti-aging etc. In short they are a super food. Similarly seeds and nuts are loaded with different vitamins and minerals essential for our body. So in short I have a super food on my plate.
Our theme in Blogging marathon for the next 3 days was to pick a protein rich ingredient. The moment I read protein rich ingredient, I decided to pick this simple and humble, my favorite Greek yogurt. Other recipe with Greek Yogurt if you like to check is Yogurt Parfait
So here goes the recipe
Another way of serving
- 1 Cup Greek yogurt
- 1 Cup mixed fruits of your choice (I had apple, Black Berries, Blue Berries and Raspberry)
- 1 tablespoon of nut mix (I had almonds and walnut)
- 1 tablespoon seed mix (sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, Chia seeds, flax seeds)
- 1/4 – 1/2 tablespoon Honey/Maple Syrup (Optional if your fruits are sweet, I sometimes add for a little sweet kick)
- Wash the fruits. Cut if required, add 3/4 of them in a bowl.
- Add the nut and half of the seed mix.
- Add the Greek yogurt
- Garnish the top with remaining fruits and seed mix.
- Drizzle honey and you are done.
- Enjoy healthy, protein packed breakfast.
- Stay tuned for different varieties for Greek Yogurt Breakfast bowls and more protein rich dishes.
Pin for Later
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.