Chocolate Oreo Milkshake
Last Updated on
Children are fond of chocolate, off course not all but majority of them. For that matter even adults… at least I am. My son does not take juices but he is fond of them if presented in a different form. Specially in restaurants when we go he wants to have them, but they are so cold and loaded with ice that he cannot have it.So I thought why not make something similar at home.
I actually wanted to make a cold coffee this time, but since I am writing this for our monthly Blogging marathon in which I have chosen Kid’s Delight drinks, I thought of making this chocolate milkshake which is healthier version than Coffee. In Blogging Marathon we a group of bloggers pick a minimum of 2 themes and blog each week for 3 days continuously. My earlier week was about Condiments, this one is about Kids-Delight, Drinks, so you will see 3 new Kid friendly Summer Drinks
In this milkshake, have added chocolate milk powder instead of plain chocolate or cocoa powder, so no extra sugar is needed as it already contains some. To make it more exciting I added some crushed Oreos and decorated it with some fresh cream. My son was pretty excited to gobble the milk minus the cream as he does not like that. One can replace the cream with ice-cream to get a more thicker texture.
So here goes the recipe:
Makes 3 glasses
- 2 Cups Cold Milk
- 2 Tablespoon Chocolate Milk Powder
- 1-2 Tablespoon melted Chocolate for garnish
- 3-4 Oreo’s Crushed
- 1 Cup Fresh Whipped Cream
- 1/2 Tablespoon Chocolate Milk Powder for Garnish
- Whisk the Cold milk with a hand blender or a Juicer, just to whip it a bit and incorporate air in it.
- I have used cold milk here, but one can add Ice if required and then blend it in the blender
- Add Chocolate Milk Powder and again blend it.
- Add the crushed Oreo and give it a quick mix. Do not over mix or else the Oreo’s will crumble completely and mix into it.
- Fill a zip lock bag or a piping bag with melted chocolate.
- Decorate a glass jar as required.
- Pour the Chocolate Oreo milk mix in it.
- Decorate the top with Fresh Whipped Cream. One can use any nozzle or just a simple piping bag with a 1/2 cm cut on the top.
- Garnish it with some melted chocolate swirls and drizzle some cocoa powder on it.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.