Oven Roasted potatoes
My parents use to roast a lot of potatoes and sweet potato. It is my dad’s favorite. We use to eat the sweet potatoes as is in Breakfast and for the roasted potatoes, my mom use to make Indian style Potato bhaji (Dry Vegetable). The Bhaji using those roasted potatoes have a distinct flavor. I simply love it. I wanted to do this for long as whenever I marinated the chicken for my DH I felt marinating the potatoes, but one goes lazy at times for doing for self. So this time thought of doing this for the whole family as we I am trying new recipes for barbecue, though I have roasted them in oven.
So I marinated my potatoes in this green paste which I have prepared using coriander, mint and green chillies. One can skip the green chillies, but it does not get too hot or spicy with it. Then the marination calls for thick yogurt (Greek or hung preferred) with no water and some oil. Mustard oil is preferred as it will enhance the taste of barbecue or oven roasted potatoes. I ran out of mustard oil the day of making so simply used vegetable oil. That’s it you just need to marinate the potatoes a day in advance and roast or barbecue it the day required. You are sorted to enjoy a sunny day with family and friends.
So here goes the recipe:
- 1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 500 gms baby potatoes
- 1 teaspoon Red chilly powder (as per taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
- 2 Green Chillies (as per taste – optional)
- 1/4 inch Ginger
- 2-3 Garlic cloves
- 1 Cup of Green Coriander
- 1/2 Cup of Fresh Mint leaves
- Salt as per taste
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoon Mustard oil (or Vegetable Oil)
- Peel the potatoes and keep it soaked in water.
- In a blender or a mixer, puree Coriander, Mint, Green Chillies, Ginger and garlic. If it is not coming to a paste due to lack of water, add lemon Juice in this instead of water. Blend again.
- In a bowl add yogurt/Curd, add the green paste and coat the potatoes well.
- Add the spices i.e. Turmeric, red chilly powder, salt and oil and coat everything well.
- Give everything a quick mix.
- Cover it with a cling wrap and let it marinate for 4-5 hours or best overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 180 Deg C or preheat an outdoor grill/Barbeque.
- Skewer potatoes in soaked bamboo skewers.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes until the potatoes are done. You can see beautiful brown marks, or you can prick a toothpick and check if its done.
- You would need to turn it in between so that it is cooked from all sides, generally not required but it is better.
- At the last 10 minutes or so, I increased the temperature to 200 Deg C as it gives those brown marks.
- One can grill them on Barbeque, I am not sure of the time it will take on it as I have not attempted on it. But one can check if its done by pricking a toothpick.
- Serve it as is or one can enjoy with some Roti or Naan.
Pin it for Later:
Sending This To:
#CookoutWeek 2018 is here! During the next week, I am joining over 50 of my blogger friends to celebrate summer by posting delicious cookout-themed recipes. If you love grilling, frozen treats, picnics, berries, s’mores, campfire meals, and other summer goodies… you are in the right place!
This week, we are also hosting a HUGE giveaway thanks to our generous #CookoutWeek sponsors. Enter below to win. Here’s what one lucky will will receive:
- Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill from blog hosts The PinterTest Kitchen. This grill has 280 square inches of cooking space over porcelain-coated grates and two 12-inch side shelves for extra prep space.
- A Red KitchenAid Mixer and 5 Flavored Butters from our friends at Chef Shamy. Make the World a Butter Place® with Chef Shamy! The winner will receive Garlic Butter, Cinnamon Brown Sugar Honey Butter, Vanilla Bean Honey Butter, Strawberry Honey Butter, and French Onion Butter with Asiago Cheese to use in your favorite cookout recipes. And if you just can’t wait, use 10BUTTER10 starting today to get 10% off your Chef Shamy butter order on Amazon. These butters contain no oil, and the savory butters are perfect for keto recipes.
- A Duck Product Pack from our friends at Maple Leaf Farms consisting of 2 pkgs All Natural Boneless Duck Breasts (7.5 oz), 2 pkgs Fully Cooked Roast Half Ducks w/Orange Sauce (14 oz), 1 pkg Duck Bacon (12 oz), and 1 pkg All Natural Duck Legs (16 oz). Maple Leaf Farms is celebrating its 60th anniversary raising White Pekin ducks on local, family-owned farms.
- Butter-flavored Organic Coconut Oil from our friends at Barlean’s. This dairy free option offers all the healthy benefits of organic coconut oil, with the rich taste of butter. It’s great on toast, popcorn, baked potatoes, or cooked vegetables. You can also substitute it 1:1 for butter in baking, cooking, and frying, and of course it is perfect as a butter substitute for all your favorite cookout recipes.
- 24 Cartons of Vinegar Shots from our friends at Vermont Village. You’ll receive 12 cartons of turmeric flavor and 12 cartons of cranberry flavor. Each carton contains 12 individual, 1 fluid ounce vinegar shot pouches! This raw, organic apple cider vinegar has rich flavors from whole foods and is sweetened naturally with honey.
That’s a prize pack worth over $750! To enter, follow our sponsors and bloggers on social media by entering your information below: a Rafflecopter giveaway Here’s a full list of the bloggers participating in #CookoutWeek 2018! You can find yummy recipes by checking out any of the links below: The PinterTest Kitchen ♥ 2 Cookin Mamas ♥ A Day in the Life on the Farm ♥ A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures ♥ April GoLightly ♥ Authentically Candace ♥ Blogghetti ♥ Body Rebooted ♥ Bottom Left of the Mitten ♥ Cheese Curd In Paradise ♥ Chef Sarah Elizabeth ♥ Coconut & Lime ♥ Cookaholic Wife ♥ CookwithRenu ♥ Daily Dish Recipes ♥ Everyday EileenFairyburger ♥ Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice ♥ Family Around the Table ♥ Fix Me a Little Lunch ♥ For the Love of Food ♥ Frankly Entertaining ♥ Frugal & Fit ♥ Get the Good Stuff! ♥ Hardly A Goddess ♥ Herbivore Cucina ♥ Join Us, Pull up a Chair ♥ Jolene’s Recipe Journal ♥ Jonesin’ For Taste ♥ Karen’s Kitchen Stories ♥ Kelly Lynn’s Sweets & Treats ♥ Mildly Meandering ♥ Moore or Less Cooking ♥ Our Good Life ♥ Oven Tales By Syama ♥ Palatable Pastime ♥ Sarah Cooks the Books ♥ Savory Moments ♥ Seduction In The Kitchen ♥ Strawberry Blondie Kitchen ♥ Sweet Coralice ♥ Tampa Cake Girl ♥ Technotini ♥ That Recipe ♥ The Baking Fairy ♥ The Beard and The Baker ♥ The Freshman Cook ♥ The Simple Supper ♥ The Spiffy Cookie ♥ The Weekday Gourmet ♥ This is How I Cook ♥ Who Needs A Cape? ♥ Wildflour’s Cottage Kitchen Comment below with your favorite cookout recipe!