I love pomegranate but the only thing that deters me is to remove the seeds and then enjoy. As a child my dad use to remove the seeds from pomegranate and I use to feast. I mean yes, literally feast. I remember my brother and sister saying if you want pomegranate to finish keep it in front of her…aaahhh I miss those days. But now that’s not the case I do not enjoy it as earlier.
Anyways coming back to my recipe, I had bought this pomegranate specially to prepare a slush after I saw it from one of my friends post on Facebook group. Though I did not make a slush but made whatever came to my mind on that day. I did a mojito without alcohol and followed one step same from her recipe. I first pureed the pomegranate and then freezed it. I should have filtered it to remove the seeds, I did not do that as I think filtering juices removes the fibers and the health benefits of the fruit, but it was needed in this recipe. I then defrosted it for a couple of mins, and then started scraping the pomegranate puree so that I get that icy or slush like texture. Then in a glass I added some crushed mint, then the pomegranate ice, half a teaspoon of black salt and then finally sparkling water or soda. That’s it you are done. Enjoyed it thoroughly in this hot summer..
So here goes the recipe:
- 1 medium size Pomegranate
- 1 Bottle of sparkling water (300 ml)
- 7-8 Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon of Himalayan Black Salt.
- De-seed the pomegranate and blend it in a blender to make juice.
- In a strainer, strain the juice to remove the seeds aside.
- Freeze the juice.
- After the juice has frozen, remove it and let it defrost naturally for 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile take 2 glasses. Roughly chop the mint leaves. One can crush them in a motor and pestle, I simply tear it with my hand.
- Add the mint leaves in the glass.
- Scrap the frozen pomegranate juice and add it to the glasses as shown.
- Fill the glass to more than half with the pomegranate Ice.
- Now add about 1/4 teaspoon of Himalayan Black Salt in each of the glasses.
- Now add the sparkling water and Enjoy.
Did you checked my other drink recipes:
Pin it for Later:
Pin it for Later:
Sending This To:
#CookoutWeek 2018 is here! During the next week, I am joining over 50 of my blogger friends to celebrate summer by posting delicious cookout-themed recipes. If you love grilling, frozen treats, picnics, berries, s’mores, campfire meals, and other summer goodies… you are in the right place!
This week, we are also hosting a HUGE giveaway thanks to our generous #CookoutWeek sponsors. Enter below to win. Here’s what one lucky will will receive:
- Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill from blog hosts The PinterTest Kitchen. This grill has 280 square inches of cooking space over porcelain-coated grates and two 12-inch side shelves for extra prep space.
- A Red KitchenAid Mixer and 5 Flavored Butters from our friends at Chef Shamy. Make the World a Butter Place® with Chef Shamy! The winner will receive Garlic Butter, Cinnamon Brown Sugar Honey Butter, Vanilla Bean Honey Butter, Strawberry Honey Butter, and French Onion Butter with Asiago Cheese to use in your favorite cookout recipes. And if you just can’t wait, use 10BUTTER10 starting today to get 10% off your Chef Shamy butter order on Amazon. These butters contain no oil, and the savory butters are perfect for keto recipes.
- A Duck Product Pack from our friends at Maple Leaf Farms consisting of 2 pkgs All Natural Boneless Duck Breasts (7.5 oz), 2 pkgs Fully Cooked Roast Half Ducks w/Orange Sauce (14 oz), 1 pkg Duck Bacon (12 oz), and 1 pkg All Natural Duck Legs (16 oz). Maple Leaf Farms is celebrating its 60th anniversary raising White Pekin ducks on local, family-owned farms.
- Butter-flavored Organic Coconut Oil from our friends at Barlean’s. This dairy free option offers all the healthy benefits of organic coconut oil, with the rich taste of butter. It’s great on toast, popcorn, baked potatoes, or cooked vegetables. You can also substitute it 1:1 for butter in baking, cooking, and frying, and of course it is perfect as a butter substitute for all your favorite cookout recipes.
- 24 Cartons of Vinegar Shots from our friends at Vermont Village. You’ll receive 12 cartons of turmeric flavor and 12 cartons of cranberry flavor. Each carton contains 12 individual, 1 fluid ounce vinegar shot pouches! This raw, organic apple cider vinegar has rich flavors from whole foods and is sweetened naturally with honey.
That’s a prize pack worth over $750! To enter, follow our sponsors and bloggers on social media by entering your information below: a Rafflecopter giveaway Here’s a full list of the bloggers participating in #CookoutWeek 2018! You can find yummy recipes by checking out any of the links below: The PinterTest Kitchen ♥ 2 Cookin Mamas ♥ A Day in the Life on the Farm ♥ A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures ♥ April GoLightly ♥ Authentically Candace ♥ Blogghetti ♥ Body Rebooted ♥ Bottom Left of the Mitten ♥ Cheese Curd In Paradise ♥ Chef Sarah Elizabeth ♥ Coconut & Lime ♥ Cookaholic Wife ♥ CookwithRenu ♥ Daily Dish Recipes ♥ Everyday EileenFairyburger ♥ Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice ♥ Family Around the Table ♥ Fix Me a Little Lunch ♥ For the Love of Food ♥ Frankly Entertaining ♥ Frugal & Fit ♥ Get the Good Stuff! ♥ Hardly A Goddess ♥ Herbivore Cucina ♥ Join Us, Pull up a Chair ♥ Jolene’s Recipe Journal ♥ Jonesin’ For Taste ♥ Karen’s Kitchen Stories ♥ Kelly Lynn’s Sweets & Treats ♥ Mildly Meandering ♥ Moore or Less Cooking ♥ Our Good Life ♥ Oven Tales By Syama ♥ Palatable Pastime ♥ Sarah Cooks the Books ♥ Savory Moments ♥ Seduction In The Kitchen ♥ Strawberry Blondie Kitchen ♥ Sweet Coralice ♥ Tampa Cake Girl ♥ Technotini ♥ That Recipe ♥ The Baking Fairy ♥ The Beard and The Baker ♥ The Freshman Cook ♥ The Simple Supper ♥ The Spiffy Cookie ♥ The Weekday Gourmet ♥ This is How I Cook ♥ Who Needs A Cape? ♥ Wildflour’s Cottage Kitchen Comment below with your favorite cookout recipe!