Sharing is caring!
- 2 1/4 – 2 1/2 Cup (295-325 grams) All purpose flour (Maida) (Start with 295 grams, if needed add more)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons (40 grams) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3 tablespoon (35 grams) sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) lukewarm milk
- 1 egg , lightly beaten
- In a large bowl whisk together 295 grams flour and yeast.
- Cut or rub the butter with a pastry blender or with your fingers, into the flour mixture until you have coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the sugar and salt.
- Make a well in the center of flour mixture and add the lukewarm milk and lightly beaten egg and stir until you have a ball of dough.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead it until is smooth and elastic and no longer sticky.
- Add more flour only if needed, a tablespoon at a time.
- Once done, transfer the dough to a lightly greased bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a cling wrap or a muslin cloth and let it rise for 1 1/2 – 2 hours until double. (Mine took 1 1/2 hours).
- After it has risen, place the dough again on a lightly floured surface. Punch it to release the air.
- Roll the dough to thickness of about 1-1.5 cm.
- Cut the dough using a cookie cutter as shown below. You can keep the center “hole” as is and fry or gather up the scraps , roll and again cut the remaining doughnuts. I made mini doughnuts out of them.
- Place the doughnuts on a lined parchment paper.
- Let it again rise for 30-60 minutes. I kept mine for around 30 minutes.
- In the meanwhile heat the oil. We need a medium temperature oil, It should not be very hot as the doughnuts fry quickly and it might burn them.
- Carefully place the doughnuts into the hot oil and cook on both the sides until golden brown. It should take hardly a 45-60 seconds on each side. So keep an eye on them.
- Once done remove them on a paper towel.
- After a minute or so, I rolled some of my doughnuts in Sugar and Cinnamon mixture.
- For some I simply dipped in my homemade ganache and added chocolate sprinklers on top of it.
- Enjoy it hot.
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.
Sharing is caring!