Nowadays I am trying to use all the mix flour’s and specially the millet flour’s to make some healthy foods for all in the family. I created this in a jiffy, but liked it. Healthy and a complete meal in itself. So here goes another Mix flour Chila or pancake recipe……….
- 1 Cup Rava (Semolina)
- 1 Cup Dhokla Ata (Now this is the one made by mother at home, she uses Rice and Urad Dal in the ratio of 2:1 eg. 1 Kg Rice and 1/2 Kg Urad Dal)
- 1/2 Cup Bajra (Pearl Millet) Flour
- 1/2 Cup Jowar (Sorghum) Flour
- 1-2 finely chopped green chillies (Optional / as per taste)
- 1/4 cup chopped Coriander
- 1/4 inch ginger grated (one can add paste too)
- 1 Cup Luke Warm Water (as per requirement)
- Salt as per taste
- Some oil for shallow frying.
- Mix all the flours with Luke warm water and salt. Do not make it very thin. You can add water later if required.
- Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes. This will help the flour soak the water.
- After 10 minutes, add the green chillies, ginger and Coriander.
- Add water if required. We do not want a watery mixture, just enough water to hold all together.
- Heat a pan, add a teaspoon of oil. Add around 2 tablespoons or around 1/4 cup of mixture and make it in chila/dosa shape.
- Cover the pan with a lid. Cook on slow to medium flame/gas for 5-7 mins. Once it is golden brown, add a teaspoon of oil on the top surface, and then flip it and cook again for 5-7 mins.
- I cook a little more as I like it to be dark golden brown or rather a little more crispy. It is up to you.
- I simply sprinkled my Red Chillies and Garlic Chutney on top of it and enjoyed it with tea.
- One can serve it with any chutney or enjoy it as is.
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.