- 1 Cup Self raising Flour
- 1 Cup Rawa (Sooji)
- 1 Cup granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Margarine/Butter Spread (not butter, but spread with vegetable oil) (At room temperature)
- Pinch of Salt
- Cardamom for Garnishing
- Almonds & Pistachio for Garnishing
1. Sieve and mix the dry ingredients together and keep aside.
2. In another bowl beat the sugar and butter spread together until the sugar melts and the mixture is light and fluffy. (Can be done by hand only)
3. Slowly add the dry mixture in batches into the sugar butter spread mix.
4. Mix all until combined.
5. Roll into desired shape, garnish with chopped pistachio or almonds and arrange it on the baking tray with distances between Nankhatai’s.
6. Bake at 150 Deg Celsius for 15 mins (Keep an eye on the baking, It should not turn too brown).
7. Switch off the oven, remove the Nankhatai’s and let it cool on a cooling rack. (Let the Nankhatai’s be in the oven for another half hour (if require more crispy).)
8. Cool and store it in an airtight containers.
- Design funny characters for children.
- Use cardamom black seeds for making eyes.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.