Left over Rice Pakoda
Last Updated on
Sometimes we really have so many left overs and its so bad to throw food, but again our family do not want the same food. So you need to think to make it feed the other way :-). I was going to make some pakodas as a side and had this rice in my fridge which was not getting finished as is. So thought of fooling my family and making a yummy and spicy snack.
Added some ingredients to it and the end result was crunchy, spicy and hot pakoda’s. I know you are drolling. So here goes the recipe………..
- 1 Cup Cooked Rice (I use leftover)
- 2 tablespoons of Gram Flour (Besan)
- 1-2 green chillies (optional)
- 1 medium size Red Onion grated
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chilly powder (optional as we have added green chillies too)
- 1/4 cup chopped Corainder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- Salt to taste
- Oil for shallow frying
- Once the oil is hot, drop the pakoda’s and fry them on medium heat until golden brown, stirring in between.
- Once golden brown all over remove it on an absorbent paper.
- Yummy hot, crispy pakoda’s are ready. Enjoy it as a side dish or as a tea time snack.
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.