- 1 Cup Til (Sesame Seeds)
- 1 tablespoon of Sunflower Seeds (Optional – I just added as I had it)
- 1 Cup Gud roughly chopped into small pieces (Jaggery)
- 1.5-2 tablespoons of Ghee
- Rolling pin for rolling
- Plate/Baking paper/flat surface.
One needs to be quick in this recipe.
Grease a plate or a flat surface and keep it ready, or cut two grease proof paper/baking paper and keep it ready.
- Heat a kadai/Pan and dry roast the til. Just when it starts changing color remove it in a dish and keep it aside.
- In the same kadai. Add Ghee.
- Once the ghee is melted, add the gud and let it melt on low heat stirring constantly.
- Once the gud is melted add the til and sunflower seeds and mix all together.
- Once mixed, spread the mixture on it and let it cool for a min or two. Generally it gets cooled when one spreads it.
- I wanted my papdi to be thin, so I used grease proof paper/baking paper, added the mixture on to it. gave it a rough shape, then added another paper over it and rolled it using a rolling pin.
- Alternatively one can do it on a flat surface. Lightly grease it, then spread the mixture on it. Let it cool for a min and then roll using a rolling pin.
- I then immediately made square cuts on it ,and let it cool for 5 minutes or so.
- Then remove the pieces and once they are completely cooled store them in an airtight container.
- Healthy and delicious Til gud and Sunflower seeds papdi is ready.
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.