Whole Wheat Chocolate Banana PanCake
Writing this recipe was pending for long time, so thought of writing this for the Blogging Marathon , Kids Delight, Chocolate Recipes. This recipe is similar to my Whole Wheat Banana pancake. My son simply loves, the Whole Wheat Banana pancake. I simply decorate it with some chocolate sauce or nutella or some chocolate chips with some fruits and he eats it. He always tell me mumma I like your pancake more than the one we get in shop or the one I eat in my day care. The biggest compliment. :-).
I sometimes make this with cocoa powder and chocolate chips too. So today’s recipe is with cocoa powder. I added banana and a bit of grated Jaggery to it, so one does not need any extra sugar in this. At times even Jaggery is optional, if you want it less on the sweeter side. Of course you can drizzle more chocolate sauce or honey to spoil yourself for a day.
So here goes the recipe:
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tablespoon Cocoa powder
- 1 Cup Milk (More or less may be required)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 2 tablespoon grated Jaggery (Optional, if want to reduce the sweetness)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Salt to taste
- Butter for greasing pan
- Chocolate sauce or honey for serving (Optional)
- Fruits for serving (Optional)
- Mash the banana with a fork.
- Mix the banana and Jaggery so that the Jaggery is almost dissolved in banana.
- Stir in Wheat flour, Cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Add the vanilla essence.
- Slowly keep on adding milk to get a thick consistency for a little thick pancake and thinner consistency for a thinner pancakes. Chocolate pancakes are better a bit thick or else the cocoa might burn.
- Let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat a non stick pan with and grease it with butter. Pour a spoonful of batter onto the hot tava and spread it to the size and thickness as desired. If the batter is thick it becomes a little difficult to spread it out. In that case just add 1-2 spoons of batter and let it take the shape.
- Cook it on a slow flame until golden brown from below around 5-6 minutes. Reverse it and cook it on the other side.
- Serve it warm with honey or chocolate sauce or enjoy as is.
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.