One pot Celery and Broccoli Soup is a healthy low-carb soup. A wholesome, vibrant, and refreshing soup suitable for all types of diets. It is Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-free, and nut-free.
Quick and to make and one of the best recipes if you are looking for light dinners or a detox soup diet. It is one of the best low-carb soups using two low-carb veggies.
Broccoli and celery are at times difficult to consume. With celery either we make juices or eat it as a snack. And broccoli is difficult to feed to kids or even adults at times. But mind you this is one healthy soup which can be enjoyed by kids too. Yes, my husband and teenager, both do not like either of these veggies, but enjoyed this soup.
Ingredients used in One-pot of Celery and Broccoli Soup
Celery and Broccoli are the 2 main veggies used in this soup.
Onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric, and salt flavor the soup.
Dairy Free soup
There is no dairy used in this soup. I like to keep my soup simple and healthy. One can add milk or fresh cream to the soup. Dairy is also added to thicken the soup, this soup with broccoli comes out quite thick, and hence no cream or milk is needed.
The shelf life of this soup
This soup stays good in the fridge for 4-5 days, so one can make it in bulk and use it as required.
Can we freeze this soup?
This will even freeze well. Just let it cool completely and freeze in individual portions. When required, defrost, warm, and serve.
Few more soup recipes
Celery Recipes on my blog
One-pot Celery and Broccoli Soup
- 2 Cup Celery Chopped
- 2 Cup Broccoli chopped
- 1 medium size onion chopped ½ Cup
- 2 small garlic cloves roughly chopped
- ¼ inch ginger roughly chopped
- ¼ inch Fresh Turmeric – ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 Bay leaf
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 3-4 Cups water or Vegetable Stock
- In a heavy bottom pot add oil.
- Once hot add the chopped onion, garlic cloves, ginger, and turmeric.
- Saute it until the onions are translucent.
- Now add the celery, broccoli, and bay leaf and give it a nice mix.
- Let it simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add salt and water.
- Let the mixture come to a boil.
- Once it comes to a boil, simmer the soup mixture for 10-15 minutes until the broccoli and celery are done.
- Discard the bay leaf.
- Once done, blend it with a stick blender.
- If using a normal blender, switch off, and let the mixture cool down, before blending.
- Once blended, adjust the consistency if required by adding water.
- Simmer for 4-5 minutes.
One can change the quantity of vegetables.
Sharing this with
- Copycat Dolly Parton Stampede Soup from Palatable Pastime
- Copy Cat Olive Garden Creamy Gnocchi Soup from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Corn and Crap Bisque from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Creamy Pierogi Chicken Soup from Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Ginger Garlic Soup from Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Healthy and Oil Free Veg Rutabaga and Carrot Soup from Sneha’s Recipe
- Homemade Cheesy Vegetable Chowder from Blogghetti
- One Pot Celery and Broccoli Soup from Cook with Renu
- Sinigang: A Pot of Love from My Grandmother’s Kitchen from Culinary Cam
- Creamy Italian Rice Soup with Prosciutto and Corn from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
If you tried this recipe, please comment and rate the recipe. Tag me at @cookwithrenu_ad on Instagram.
Subscribe to my email list to get the new recipes straight into your mailbox.