You can jump to the recipe, but you will miss the tips and tricks mentioned in the post
No-Bake Coffee Energy Bites is an easy peasy 5-minute protein-rich no-cook and bake recipe made using nuts and seeds.
These mocha energy bites are grain-free, flour-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, processed sugar-free and do not have any added fats in the form of butter or oil. Dates here acts as a natural sweetener as well as help bind the ingredients together.
These energy bites are also a perfect start for your day with all the healthy nuts and seeds. The coffee gives you a nice kick and refreshes you. They can be enjoyed as a pre or post-workout snack or as your mid-evening snack.
Even though coffee is the main ingredient here, it can be skipped completely or replaced with cacao powder or any chocolate powder if you do not consume coffee or do not give it to kids.
Verdict of Coffee Energy Bites
These energy bites can be a hit or a miss with some due to the use of coffee. Coffee lovers will love it and the opposite holds for non-coffee lovers. For me, I felt more coffee was needed as I love coffee and I really can enjoy the strongest coffee. But my husband does not like it. So he was like it is too much coffee. So yes as said it can be a hit or a miss, so as per your taste buds add coffee.
Ingredients used in No-Bake Coffee Energy Bites
Dates here is one of the main ingredients. It is a natural sweetener as well as helps bind everything. I have used the Sukkary Dates Variety.
Walnuts & Pecans – I have used walnuts and pecans as the source of natural fats here. One can use either or.
Sunflower & Pumpkin Seeds are again added for nutrition. One can add either or a combination of different seeds. Flax and chia seeds can be added as well.
Sugar-Free Chocolate Whey Protein Powder – I have used chocolate Protein powder here instead of cocoa powder. However one can use cocoa powder or chocolate powder too. (Do remember that chocolate powder might have hidden sugar in it).
Coffee Powder – The main ingredient. It is used in less quantity but gives the much-needed kick.
Recipe process of No-Bake Coffee Energy Bites or Mocha Energy Bites
The recipe is very very simple. Just add all the ingredients to a food processor and process it until it forms a lump. It should not take more than a minute. Once it forms a lump roll it into balls and rolls the balls into the coffee powder to cover all over. As said earlier coffee can be replaced with cocoa or chocolate powder.
This energy bite stay good for a month when stored in an air-tight container.For longer shelf life keep it refrigerated. If you are in a country with humid or warm climate, it is best to store it refrigerated.
Few more processed sugar-free recipes and ideas for edible gifts
- Chocolate Puffed Amaranth Bars
- Masala Gud | Spicy Jaggery Bites
- Sugarless Ragi Ladoos | Sugarless Ragi Energy Bites
- No Bake Chocolate Weetabix Energy Slice
- BeetRoot and Dates Energy Bites
- Dates and Nuts energy bites
- Sugar free Khajoor Barfi (Dates & Nuts Roll)
No-Bake Coffee Energy Bites
- Food Processor
- 320 grams – around 18-20 Pitted Dates I have used the Sukkary Dates Variety.
- ½ Cup Almond
- ½ Cup Walnut (Walnut + Almond = 110 grams)
- 1 tablespoon – 28 grams Pumpkin Seed
- 1 tablespoon -12 grams Sunflower Seed
- ¼ Cup – 27 grams Sugar-Free Chocolate Whey Protein Powder / Cocoa Powder / Chocolate powder
- ¼ Cup Coffee Powder -More or less might be required
- Deseed the dates.
- Add the Dates, Almond, Walnut, Pumpkin seed, sunflower seed, Sugar-Free Chocolate Whey Protein Powder / Coffee Powder / Cocoa Powder in a food processor.
- Process until it forms a lumpy mass.
- Take a tablespoon of mixture in hand and roll into the form of balls.
- On a plate spread some coffee powder.
- Roll the balls into the coffee powder and cover it all over.
- Keep it in an air-tight container.
- Standard US Size Cups used. 1 Cup = 235 ml, 1 tablespoon = 15ml, 1 teaspoon = 5ml
- Coffee can be replaced with cocoa or chocolate powder.
- Check replacements for nuts and seeds above.
Linking this with
Sunday FundayRecipes with Coffee
- Affogato Martini by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Coffee Maple Pancakes by Palatable Pastime
- Lamb Lollipops with Coffee-Pepper Sauce by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cold Brew Coffee by Making Miracles
- Dalgona Coffee by Sneha’s Recipe
- Gingerbread Lattei by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Mocha Muffins by Mayuri’s Jikoni
- No-Bake Coffee Energy Bites by Cook with Renu
- Sugar Free Hazelnut Iced Coffee with Hazelnut Cold Foam by Our Good Life
Love to read your comments and feedback. If you have any questions please ask in the comment section. I will try to answer as soon as I can.
If you tried this recipe, please comment below and do not forget to rate the Recipe.
Subscribe to my email list so that you get the new recipes straight in your mailbox.