2 Ingredients Cantaloupe and Strawberry smoothie
I love Cantaloupe or muskmelon if you say. It brings some fond memories of summer and makes me nostalgic. So when the Foodie Monday bloghop theme was announced for this week as summer fruits, immediately decided to use the cantaloupe which I bought during weekend. Strawberries are available here as a summer fruit and hence I decided to make this 2 ingredients Cantaloupe and Strawberry smoothie
Cantaloupe contains 90 perc water and hence keep you hydrated and is a good food to enjoy during scorching summers. Loaded with Vit C, fiber and a lot of essential vitamins and minerals. Strawberries are a rich source of antioxidants and is a good food for weight loss. So all in all this Cantaloupe and Strawberry smoothie bowl is one complete healthy meal.
Many different ideas crossed my mind, but I decided to go with this easy and quick 2 ingredients Cantaloupe and Strawberry smoothie. I have used chia and flax seeds for garnish and also to increase it’s nutrient content. You can use it or skip it completely.
Secondly I have not used any sugar here. The sweetness comes from cantaloupe. My cantaloupe was sweet enough, but you can always add some honey or maple syrup if needed.
Rest the recipe is very very simple, just add the cantaloupe and the strawberries in a blender and blend. One can play around with this recipe. Add mint for that extra kick or nuts to get some crunch. If you want the smoothie to be more thick, you can add a bit of banana to give it some structure. I enjoyed it as is and was full after having this smoothie bowl.
I am sharing this with Foodie Monday Bloghop , a new group I have joined where we decide themes every week and publish a post on Monday. So get ready for a post every monday. So this week’s 194th Theme was #SummerFruitFest suggested by Swaty Malik who blogs at Food-Trails
- ½ Medium size Cantaloupe roughly chopped (About 1.5 Cups)
- 3 Big Size Strawberries
- 1 Strawberry to garnish (Optional)
- Few pieces of cantaloupe to garnish (Optional)
- 2 tablespoon seeds of your choice (Optional)
- Peel and cut the cantaloupe into rough size pieces.
- Wash and pat dry the strawberries. (One can use frozen too)
- In a blender blend the cantaloupe and strawberries until smooth.
- Garnish with fruits and seeds of choice.
- To add to thickness one can add yogurt , milk or banana. I have skipped it completely
Few More Fruit recipes
- 2 Ingredients Strawberry Milkshake
- Sugarless No Churn Strawberry Banana Ice Cream
- Strawberry Chia Seed Pudding
- Whole Wheat Chocolate Avocado Banana Muffins
- Ragi Banana and Dates Smoothie
- Double Chocolate Whole Wheat Banana Bread
- ½ Medium size Cantaloupe roughly chopped About 1.5 Cups
- 3 Big Size Strawberries
- 1 Strawberry to garnish Optional
- Few pieces of cantaloupe to garnish Optional
- 2 tablespoon seeds of your choice Optional
Peel and cut the cantaloupe into rough size pieces.
Wash and pat dry the strawberries. (One can use frozen too)
In a blender blend the cantaloupe and strawberries until smooth.
Garnish with fruits and seeds of choice.
To add to thickness one can add yogurt , milk or banana. I have skipped it completely
Love to read your comments and feedback. Do drop a line in the comment section if you like and do not forget to rate the Recipe. If you try this recipe, would love to see your creations, take a picture and do tag me at @cookwithrenu using the hashtag #Cookwithrenu on Facebook, Twitter and @Renunad on Instagram. Subscribe to my email list so that you get the recipe straight in your mailbox.
Pin it for Later:
Sharing this with:
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons below to share this recipe.