Also generally people wrap the potato stuffing in a bread, I simply mix in it, as I feel wrapping in bread will make it more heavy. Also this was the way my mother use to make it and I also make the same way. So here goes the recipe:
- 3-4 Boiled potatoes (Quantity as per your requirement)
- 3-4 slices of bread (White/Brown/Wholemeal any would do. Also more bread might be required)
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1-2 green chili finely chopped (As per taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Red chili powder (As per taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Sugar (This is required to give it a khata mitha taste)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Finely chopped coriander
- Oil for frying
- Salt as per taste
- Boil the potatoes and let it cool.
- Once cooled, peel and mash them finely
- Add the masala’s and mix it.
- Soak the Bread in water and immediately remove it.
- Squeeze with both your hand’s to remove the water.
- Mix it evenly in the potatoes mixture.
- Heat the oil for frying.
- In the meanwhile make balls out of the mixture and give it oblong shape. (One can make any shape as required)
- Do not roll all the mixture, more bread might be required after you are done with 1-2 batches.
- If stuffing with cheese add the grated cheese in between and seal it properly so that the cheese should not come out while frying. (Before stuffing all with cheese, first check with one or two bread rolls)
- Once the oil is hot, add one of the bread roll. If the roll does not break , then add the remaining bread rolls.
- If the bread roll breaks, add more bread and again repeat the process.
- Fry until golden brown and serve hot with tomato ketchup.
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.
Last Updated on