Many do not eat this wonder because a lot of times it has a typical smell when steamed or cooked. Even in this recipe I thought it might taste and have that smell, but I could not even feel that it is made of cauliflower. Infact it tasted like an aloo pattice. Even my one year old enjoyed it, so a nice baby food.
I have added rice flour instead of all purpose or whole wheat, so it is gluten free.
Happy to share this recipe got a runner up award in Nov-2017 in one of Facebook cooking competition, Below are the comments (pic below) from the admin of the group. (Removed name and fb group name for privacy reasons)
So here goes the recipe:
- 2 Cup Cauliflower florets
- 3-4 green onion’s along with the leaves
- 2-3 garlic
- 1/4 inch ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of red chilli flakes
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 1/4 cup Rice Flour
- Salt to taste
- Grated Cheese for garnishing (I used cheddar)
- Butter for shallow frying
- Steam the Cauliflower in Microwave for 5 mins or else let it cook in boiling water for 4 mins. Do not make it soft, we just want it a bit tender.
- Drain and keep aside.
- In a food processor finely chop the cauliflower along with the green onions, garlic and ginger.
- Add rice flour, black pepper, red chilli flakes, cheese and salt.
- Mixture should not be too wet not too dry, just firm enough to form a rough ball which could be made into small pancakes. One can add more or less rice flour depending on the mixture.
- Divide the mixture into small balls, about the size of a lemon. Do not squeeze too much, just form a rough shape and flatten lightly to give it a pancake shape.
- In a pan, add a little butter (1/8 teaspoon), and shallow fry the pancake.
- Once golden brown, add butter on top and flip. Cook on the other side pressing lightly.
- Cook till both the sides are done.
- Once done add shredded cheese on top of pancakes and serve with tangy mint chutney.
- One can make a cauliflower cheese sandwich out of it by placing another pancake on top of the first pancake and cheese in between.
- I bet this would be loved by everyone, do try it and let me know your comments below. Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.
My first time entry in cooking competition , a healthy cook-off and my this recipe won a runner up award…so Happy.