Chocolate, my favorite guilty pleasure. I so wish I could eat it daily without worrying about calories. Club this with with Peanut butter and I am sure you are drooling while reading this. So today I am sharing a very simple recipe which is made with very few ingredients and can be assembled quickly. This is a vegan recipe and so my vegan followers can enjoy this yummy and quick dessert. This dish can be enjoyed as a dessert or as a treat to your little ones.
I have taken this recipe from the Vegan 8 Cookbook, which has vegan recipes made with 8 Ingredients or less (Not counting salt, pepper or water or anything optional). This book is for anybody who wants to incorporate more veggies or have meatless meals. This book has easy and delicious recipes from starters to main course to desserts. The other thing I loved in this book is that the recipes are oil free and yet they are so enticing. I wanted to try many of the recipes like Teriyaki Patties, Thai Red Curry Sweet Potato Dip. To start with I tried my hands on this Chocolate Peanut Butter Candy Bites and I am about to make a next batch soon.
This Candy bites can be done in just 10 minutes and uses 7 ingredients (not counting salt). The good thing is that you can involve your children in making this and they would really love. My kiddo really loved this and helped me in coating the balls with chocolate. He loved this bites as is and already had 2 servings of this. For me I would just minus the sugar on the outer layer, as I like the salty peanut flavor along with my chocolate. The image below is before coating and to be true to you I wanted to indulge in that as is, they were so tempting.
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Candy Bites
- 3 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup (Can be substituted by Honey)
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 Cup Roasted, Salted peanuts
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Sugar (can be substituted by Granulated Sugar)
- 100 gm Dark chocolate chips or bar finely chopped
- Line a sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl add in the Cocoa powder, Maple Syrup, Peanut butter, Vanilla Extract and salt, mix everything until it resembles a uniform mass.
- If the batter looks a bit and is difficult to roll small balls, refrigerate it for 30 minutes or so. You should be able to roll small balls from this.
- Roll into small size balls (I would say around a teaspoon of mix) and place them on the prepared sheet. I was able to get 12 balls from this.
- In a food processor add the roasted peanuts and sugar and process until you have very small pieces. We want it bit chunky and not a paste. Keep it aside
- Melt the chocolate in microwave or on a double boiler.
- Take each ball, using a fork roll it in the melted chocolate coating completely.
- Tap the fork gently on the side of the bowl letting the excess chocolate drip off.
- Immediately roll this in the peanut sugar mix and roll it multiple times so that it is evenly coated on all sides.
- Place the prepared balls in the pan and repeat the above steps for the rest of the balls.
- Refrigerate this for a more firmer texture or one can set them at room temperature too.
Love to read your comments and feedback. Do drop a line in the comment section if you like and do not forget to rate the Recipe. If you try this recipe, would love to see your creations, take a picture and do tag me at @cookwithrenu using the hashtag #Cookwithrenu on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and @Renunad on Instagram. Subscribe to my email list so that you get the recipe straight in your mailbox.
Pin it for Later:
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons below to share this recipe.
I was sent this book for an unbiased review, not paid or asked to write a positive review. All opinions are my own.Thank you, Brandi Doming, for sending me a digital copy of your cookbook, The Vegan 8