Baked French Fries (with 1 tablespoon of oil)
Last Updated on
Everyone simply loves french fries. Start eating and you tend to eat more and more. But it’s all fried and not good too much. But children’s and adults love it a lot. So thought of giving this a try in the oven. I completely tried this recipe as per what I thought should be the best, keeping my fingers crossed to turn it out crisp. In the start I have not even added a drop of oil, so the potatoes were looking as if I am making vegetable out of that. Then I drizzled a tablespoon of oil all over the potatoes and coated it evenly. Reason of not adding the oil earlier, was they had some water. I added the oil after almost 7-8 minutes. Then baked for another 10 minutes or so and yippe, crispy and yummy french fries ready. Eat it without guilt 🙂
- Ice Cold water
- 2 large potatoes or as required (Cut thinly and lenghtwise)
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper (Kali mirchi) 1to taste (optional)
- Graeted Cheese (optional but, I coated it with that.)
- Cut the potatoes and wash it thoroughly.
- Dip it in Ice Cold water for atleast 30 minutes.
- Now strain the water and keep it in stainer for 10 minutes so that excess water comes out.
- Pre-Heat the oven at 180 deg celcius.
- In a pan, arrange the potatoes and bake it for atleast 5-7 minutes.
- Now drizzle oil and bake it again for 5 minutes.
- I then removed the fries from the pan and arranged it in the pan, so that the excess oil remains in the pan, and only the coated oil on the fries comes. (So again oil is removed).
- Bake it again at 200 deg Celcius for 5 -10 minutes or until golden brown. You will be able to understand by the colour of the fries that they are done.
- I then sprinkled it with salt, black pepper and cheese.
- Serve it hot with Tomato Ketchup.
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.