Kabuli Chana Salad/Chaat (Chickpea Salad)
Last Updated on
My second post on a healthy and filling diet food. Name, Kabuli Chana or Chickpea and the one recipe that comes to your mind quickly is Chole. Apart from Chole one can make a lot of recipes like Falafel, Hummus etc. and is commonly used in Salads. I generally make this as a salad and have a big bowl of it as my dinner. 1 bowl of this is enough and will keep you full. I simply mix it with onion, green chillies, sonth (Imli Chutney), Lemon juice, salt and Corainder. For those who do not eat onion, one can add cucumber, tomatoes. This is same to my Kala Chana Salad recipe.
So here goes my version of Kabuli Chana Salad:
- 1 Cup of Boiled Kabuli Chana (Chickpea)
- 1-2 teaspoon of Lemon Juice (as per taste)
- 1 tablespoon of Sonth (Imli Chutney) Optional, but I like the khata meetha taste, so I add it
- 1 Green chilly finely chopped (as per your taste)
- Coriander finely chopped
- Onion finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Chaat Masala or to taste
- Soak the Chana for 6-8 hours. The longer the better.
- Pressure cook it for 3 whistles or as per your cooker settings.
- Let the chana cool.
- Mix the boiled Kabuli chana, sonth, green chilly, onion, coriander, lemon juice, chaat masala and salt.
- Garnish with Coriander and serve.
Note: If Kabuli chana is not soaked 6-8 hours, soak it in hot water for 2 hours minimum. It will swell up. I have done this many a times.
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.