You can jump to the recipe, but you will miss the tips and tricks mentioned in the post
Lettuce, Pear and Grapefruit Salad is a quick and refreshing salad perfect as a side for your main meals. It has a mild sweetness from Pear, a sweet and sour taste from the Grapefruit, and the needed crunch from the lettuce.
My Salads are generally simple. I avoid dressing with oil or sauces as that adds to salt and processed ingredients. So I keep it to minimal. I generally eat fruits on their own but sometimes adding to salads helps.
My simple veggie salads are generally with lemon juice and chaat masala, like in this Kohlrabi, Carrot and Spinach Salad or my summer favourites, Raw Watermelon Rind and Avocado Salad and Raw Zoodles(Zucchini Salad).
My go-to salads are the sprout salads which I enjoy as a main meal. Like this Sprouted Horse gram (Kulith) Salad, Chickpea Salad, or this Sprouted Mung Bean & Mango Salad. They are protein-rich and filling salads which makes them a complete meal.
Ingredients that go in this Lettuce, Pear and Grapefruit Salad
Grapefruit is a citrus fruit that has a sweet and sour taste. It has high water content and is a good source of fibre and essential nutrients. Easy to add to your diet. You can eat grapefruit as is or can add it to smoothies, salads, or even desserts.
I have used this small variety of Lettuce that I got from our local farmer’s market. I grabbed this to use as a salad mix. They had small dark green leafy leaves and appeared so refreshing. It though looks like spinach, but it is lettuce and had a slightly sweeter taste.
Pear as you all know is a fruit which again contains more than 80% water. Perfect as a fruit to eat as is, or goes well in salads and desserts. Have you ever tried grilled pears or poached pears? Try it you will be making it again and again.
For the dressing, I have used a mix of Honey, flax seeds and pumpkin seeds. I have not added any vinegar or salt to this. Honey gives a nice kick of sweetness to the grapefruit and pear. Vegans can replace honey with a sweetener of choice.
One can play around with this salad as required, but I have kept it simple with the veggies and fruits I had at hand. If you do not get Grapefruit, one can add orange. Lettuce can be replaced with spinach or any other type of lettuce.
So here goes the recipe of Lettuce, Pear and Grapefruit Salad
Lettuce, Pear and Grapefruit Salad
- 1 Cup Fresh Lettuce Greens
- 1 small Pear cut into small pieces or slices
- ½ Grapefruit cut into slices
- 1 tablespoon honey/maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin/Sunflower seeds
- Cut the pear and grapefruit in small pieces
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and give a nice mix.
- Serve it immediately.
- I do not prefer making this salad ahead of time, but if you want refrigerate it till serving.
Sunday Funday : Stay Healthy with Salads
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad from Palatable Pastime
- Chicken and Mandarin Orange Salad from A Day in the Life on the Farm/
- Golden Apple & Potato Salad from Sneha’s Recipe
- Irish Cheddar Honey Mustard Broccoli Salad from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Japanese Potato Salad from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Kale Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Lettuce, Pear and Grapefruit Salad from Cook With Renu
- Red Cabbage, Apple, Mandarin Salad from Food Lust People Love
- Snap Peas and Avocado Salad from Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Sesame Chicken Salad from Making Miracles
- Super Nacho Taco Salad from Amy’s Cooking Adventures
Love to read your comments and feedback. If you have any questions please ask in the comment section. I will try to answer as soon as I can.
If you tried this recipe, please comment below and do not forget to rate the Recipe.
Subscribe to my email list so that you get the new recipes straight in your mailbox.
Let’s be Friends