Moist and soft, these Eggless Air Fryer Banana Blueberry Oats Muffins are quick and easy to make and would be an instant hit in your family. These muffins are so delicious that they would be liked by all ages from toddlers to adults.
These Air Fryer Banana muffins get baked in just 15 minutes. All in all, you need around 25-30 minutes from start to finish. They are best eaten slightly warm with a cup of coffee or milk. Best served as an after-school treat or even a great picnic idea.
Few main Ingredients that are used in Air Fryer Banana Blueberry Oats Muffins
Banana is the first Main ingredient in the Muffin
Eggless Banana Oats Muffins are easy to make with a few ingredients. They are also the best to use those overripe bananas which no one wants to eat. Also adding ripe bananas adds a natural sweetness to the muffins.
Blueberries the second main ingredient in the Muffin
Adding blueberries to these muffins balances the flavors. It adds a slight tart and sweet taste of the blueberries. One can use fresh or frozen blueberries. I have used my garden’s fresh harvest of blueberries. Nothing can be better than that.
Using Frozen Berries.
When using frozen berries, use them straight frozen and do not defrost them. Defrosting it will make it mushy as well as release water. Also, keep in mind when using frozen berries or fruits in bakes, they will release water, so at times it is advisable to use a little less liquid than mentioned if replacing fresh with frozen.
Oats and Oats flour
I have used Old fashioned oats or Jumbo oats in this recipe. I am adding whole oats as well as oats flour. Whole oats as it adds a slight crunch to it. For Oats flour, I simply roasted the oats slightly, and grind them once cooled.
Vegan Oats Muffins in Air Fryer or Oven
These almost Vegan Oats muffins are quick to make in an Air Fryer or an oven. By making it in an air fryer you save some time as well as energy as you do not need to turn on the big oven. I have already highlighted the difference between an Air Fryer and an oven in my post on Air Fryer French Fries.
All in all baking or cooking in an air fryer saves a lot of time and it comes out in a jiffy. It is best when you want to cook something really quickly or at the last minute.
Substitutions and Omissions for Air Fryer Banana Blueberry Oats Muffins
Whole wheat flour
I am using whole wheat flour instead of plain flour or all-purpose flour or maida. One can replace it with plain flour if required.
I am using dark brown sugar in this recipe as a sweetener. One can replace it with granulated white sugar or even with honey or maple syrup.
Milk chocolate is just used as an addition as my kids love a bit of chocolate. One can skip it completely. If you skip it completely, this becomes a complete vegan muffin or Vegan Banana Blueberry Oats Muffins.
Blueberries can be replaced with raspberries or strawberries or any berries.
I am using chia seeds with water to make a flax egg. One can replace it with eggs. To replace it with eggs using 2 large eggs or 3 small sizes.
I am using coconut oil in this. One can replace it with any vegetable or olive oil.
Lemon Zest can be added to give it the extra zing and its lemon flavor pairs well with blueberries.
Few more bakes with Bananas
Few recipes with blueberries
Pin it for later
Eggless Air Fryer Banana Blueberry Oats Muffins
- Digital Scale
- ½ Cup – 60 grams oats flour
- ½ Cup – 90 grams wheat flour
- ¼ cup – 20 grams oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 cup blueberries
- ¼ cup chocolate chips + a few more to garnish
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ cup normal temperature water -one can add this in chia seed mix too if preferred
- 3 tbsp chia seeds mix -2 tablespoon dry chia seeds + 6 tablespoons water
- ½ cup Dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
Making Flax Egg
- In a bowl add 2 tablespoon of chia seeds and 6 tablespoons water.3 tbsp chia seeds mix
- Let it sit for 5 minutes, the seeds will swell up.
Baking in an Air Fryer
- Preheat the air fryer to 160 Deg C. Keep in mind that air fryer preheating takes just 2-3 minutes. So one can even do that at the last steps of making the batter.
- In a large bowl sift in the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, oats and salt.½ Cup – 90 grams wheat flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ cup – 20 grams oats
- Add in the oats flour.½ Cup – 60 grams oats flour
- Add the blueberries.
- Add chocolate chips and give it a mix so that the blueberries and chocolate are coated with flour.1 cup blueberries, ¼ cup chocolate chips + a few more to garnish
- In another bowl mash the bananas.2 large ripe bananas
- Add in the sugar, chia seed mix (flax egg), vanilla essence water and oil.¼ cup oil, ½ cup Dark brown sugar, 1 tsp vanilla essence, ½ cup normal temperature water
- Mix everything.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet and give it a mix.
- Mix just enough so that everything is combined. Do not overmix.
- Spoon the mixture into individual muffin moulds.
- Garnish with a few more chocolate chips on top if desired¼ cup chocolate chips + a few more to garnish
- Arrange the muffins in Air Fryer tray.
- Bake in a preheated air fryer at 160 Deg C for 5 minutes.
- Lower the temperature to 150 Deg C and continue baking for 10 minutes.
- Muffins are done when a toothpick or a knife inserted comes out clean.
Baking in an oven
- Preheat the oven to 180 Deg C
- Prepare the batter as mentioned in the steps above and spoon the mixture into muffin moulds.
- Garnish with a few more chocolate chips on top if desired
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Cool the muffins on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes.
- Standard US Size cups and spoons used
- One can bake this in a loaf tin or cake tin. Baking time will however vary.
- Air fryer baking time would be slightly different depending on the size of the fryer.
Sharing this with
I am sharing this bread with our Bread Bakers group where Stacy from Food Lust People Love asked us to bake Variations on Banana Bread.
Do check the different delicious banana bread from my dear blogger friends
- Air Fryer Banana Blueberry Oats Muffins from Cook with Renu
- Banana Cinnamon Rolls from Passion Kneaded
- Banana Split Quick Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Coconut Flour Banana Bread – Gluten & Sugar Free from Sneha’s Recipe
- Simply Banana Bread from A Messy Kitchen
- Sugar Free Sourdough Banana Bread with Pecans from Zesty South Indian Kitchen
- Tangzhong Banana Buns from Magical Ingredients
- Triple Berry Banana Bread from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Yeasted Banana Sandwich Bread from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
Love to read your comments and feedback. If you have any questions please ask in the comment section. I will try to answer as soon as I can.
If you tried this recipe, please comment below, and do not forget to rate the Recipe.
Also, I would love to see your creations, take a picture, and do tag me at @cookwithrenu using the hashtag #Cookwithrenu on Facebook, Twitter, and @cookwithrenu_ad on Instagram.
Subscribe to my email list to get the new recipes straight into your mailbox.
Thursday 5th of January 2023
I would like to use flax seeds instead of chia. Please can you let me know the qty of flax seeds i need to use for this recipe?
Renu Agrawal Dongre
Thursday 5th of January 2023
Hi Shilpa, You can use the same quantity of flax seeds. Regards, Renu
Sunday 31st of July 2022
This is a wholesome breakfast or snack! Blueberries and banana are yummy in this muffin. Making these muffins in air fryer is a great idea and these have turned out great!
Tuesday 12th of July 2022
I've never thought of baking muffins in the air fryer! Love the chocolate chips in there too!
Tuesday 12th of July 2022
What a fantastic option to bake! I often despair of the way the oven heats the house in the summer and we are getting hot now. I will definitely try this out.
Tuesday 12th of July 2022
I would have never thought to use the air fryer for muffins. Nice not to have the oven on during the hot summer days.