The weather is getting cooler and cooler and in this weather one craves for hot piping food. And what if that food is deliciously melting cheese loaded with vegetables and pasta served straight from the oven. Yes I know you are drooling , so am I. I love pasta and I can say that cheesy hot pasta is one of my comfort foods. I like it in tangy tangy tomato gravy loaded with vegetables. This time I went one step ahead in making my same pasta but finishing it up in the oven and making this yummy Cheesy Vegetable Pasta Bake.
So if you are a vegetable lover like me, then look no further. This Pasta is loaded with different vegetables one might not even think off. I many a times call it my fridge cleaning or leftover vegetables dish. I have never seen cauliflower in pasta or at least I have not eaten pasta with cauliflower. Still I dared to add this in my pasta as I just had a few florets remaining and I had to finish them off. Other than cauliflower I added Zucchini, carrots , mushrooms and capsicum (Red pepper) to my Cheesy Vegetable Pasta bake. One can add any combination of vegetable one likes.
Rest the procedure of cooking this pasta is similar except that you boil or cook the pasta a bit less by 3-4 minutes. If you cook it completely it will go mushy in the oven and it won’t taste good. I have used Conchiglie (shell pasta) for this but you can use any type of pasta.
So here goes the recipe:
Cheesy Vegetable Pasta Bake
- 3 Cups of Pasta
- 1.5 ltr or enough water for cooking pasta
- 1 1/4 Cup of Pasta Sauce
- 2 Cups of Vegetables of your choice (I used Cauliflower, Zucchini, Mushroom, Capsicum, Carrot)
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- 8-9 Fresh Basil leaves torn into pieces (1/2 tsp Dried Basil)
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano (or few leaves of fresh Oregano torn)
- 1 tsp Freshly grounded Black Pepper (as per taste)
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
- 2-3 Cloves of Garlic grated or chopped
- 1/2 Inch ginger grated or chopped
- Boil the pasta as per the package instructions in enough water. Do cook the pasta a bit less. If the pack says 10 mins, cook it for 7 mins.
- Once done drain and keep aside.
- In the meantime, In a wok, add in the Olive Oil.
- Once hot, add the Onion, garlic and ginger. Saute on medium high for 2-3 minutes.
- Once it starts to go a bit translucent, add the vegetables in the order of cooking time. i.e. the vegetables that take longer to cook will be the first to go.
- So for me it was Cauliflower, Carrots and then Zucchini. After 2-3 minutes, I added Mushroom and peppers.
- Add in 1 Cup of tomato sauce, basil, oregano, black pepper, salt and give everything a quick mix. Let it cook for 3-4 mins.
- Add in the pasta and the 1/4 Cup cheddar cheese.
- Mix everything and let it cook again for 3-4 mins.
- In a wide baking dish, add in the remaining 1/4 cup of tomato sauce and spread it uniformly.
- Add in the pasta and vegetable mixture.
- Bake this in a preheated oven at 180 Deg C for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove and sprinkle remaining cheddar cheese and grated mozarella on top.
- Bake it again for 10-15 minutes, until the pasta is done.
- For the last 2-3 minutes I broil it so that the top gets a lovely golden colour.
- Serve it hot with some bread. I served this with Four Leaf Clover Good Luck Rolls.
Few Similar recipes
Love to read your comments and feedback. If you have any questions please ask in the comment section. I will try to answer as soon as I can.
If you tried this recipe, please comment below, and do not forget to rate the Recipe.
Also, I would love to see your creations, take a picture, and do tag me at @cookwithrenu using the hashtag #Cookwithrenu on Facebook, Twitter, and @cookwithrenu_ad on Instagram.
Subscribe to my email list to get the new recipes straight into your mailbox.
Linking this with
- Baked Mac and Cheese with Corn by Anybody Can Bake
- Baked Mexican Chicken Spaghetti by Sneha’s Recipe
- Cavatini by Palatable Pastime
- Cheesy Artichoke Ravioli Casserole by Food Lust People Love
- Cheesy Vegetable Pasta Bake by Cook with Renu
- Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta Bake by Caroline’s Cooking
- Greek Giouvetsi by Pandemonium Noshery
- Macarona Bechamel (Egyptian Baked Pasta) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Meatless Lasagna by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mushroom And Artichoke Pasta Bake by Oventales
- Rakott teszta (Hungarian Layered Noodles) by Sid’s Sea Palm Cooking
- Sausage and Spinach Lasagna by Cookaholic Wife
- Spiralized Sweet Potato Macaroni and Cheese by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Turkey Ham Mac and Cheese by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Turkey Tetrazzini by Reviews, Chews & How-Tos
Monday 15th of June 2020
That is one hearty looking pasta dish renu! Love everything that has gone into its making. this would be a ultimate weekend dish to enjoy with family and friends!!!
Friday 12th of June 2020
Wow. I always love piping hot pasta baked. This looks so inviting and delicious with lot of veggies, sauce and cheese. Would love to have anytime of the day.
Wednesday 10th of June 2020
Now, that is awesome attractive meal idea ... from oven to plate to mouth. I for one will love this cheesy meal. Absolutely love the veggies used the girls will have a fit but that's fine.
Wednesday 10th of June 2020
Baked pasta is our choice of pasta most of the times.. though I don't add cauliflower for some strange reason. A hearty meal on its own, I use to serve it with garlic bread or rolls but have stopped since someone pointed out that that's too much carbs in one meal.
Wednesday 10th of June 2020
Yes that is true, bread and pasta together is more carbs.
Saturday 6th of June 2020
I love the cheesy baked pasta.. With all the colourful veggies added to it makes it healthy and delicious as well. Goes well with garlic