Crispy Garlic Baked Potato Wedges
French fries and potato wedges are a favorite of everyone from kids to adults. No one can simply say no them and are so addictive that it’s difficult to stop eating . But the ones we get in market are fried and have zero nutrition . As definitely you crave for such snacks at times , it’s best to make them a bit healthier. So I thought of making this addictive snack as non fried that is to bake them in the oven . That way you can enjoy them guilt free and don’t have to feel much guilt of giving to your kids. I have earlier even made baked french fries with just a tea spoon of oil, do check out the recipe by clicking here If you like.
These potato wedges are crisp on the outside and soft inside with the melt in mouth texture. They act as a good starter – just 5-10 mins of prep time , rest work is done by the oven. These are baked with very less oil and are ready in 45-60 mins depending on your oven. The potato’s do not require pre-soaking or boiling, simply cut them into desired shapes, drizzle a mix of garlic herbs and oil and bake in the oven for approx 45 minutes, that’s it. Yummy and crunchy Garlic wedges are ready. I have taken the recipe from here.
Crispy Garlic Baked Potato Wedges
- 4 Big Size Potatoes
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 3/4 tbsp Minced Garlic (Can be replaced with 3 tsp garlic powder)
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (I added a bit less, you can go upto 1 teaspoon)
- 1 tablespoon dried Parsley (2 tablespoon fresh parsley)
- Preheat the oven to 200 C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Peel the potatoes. I removed the skin of the potatoes, but if you like you can keep them.
- Cut the potatoes into wedges. That is each potato into 8 slices. First cut into half. Then each half into again half, and then then each quarters into half again.
- Wash them thoroughly and let it drain.
- In the mean time, in a bowl add the olive oil, parsley, garlic , paprika and salt.
- Place wedges on the baking sheet. Pour the oil mixture on this and mix everything so that each of the potatoes are coated with this mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 35-45 mins, turning at half time, until golden crisp and cooked through when tested with a fork.
- Enjoy with a dip of your choice.
Love to read your comments and feedback. Do drop a line in the comment section if you like and do not forget to rate the Recipe. If you try this recipe, would love to see your creations, take a picture and do tag me at @cookwithrenu using the hashtag #Cookwithrenu on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and @Renunad on Instagram. Subscribe to my email list so that you get the recipe straight in your mailbox.
Pin it for Later:
Sending this to: Baking Bloggers
Check out the bakes by other bakers below:
- Baked Garlic Sweet Potatoes by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Baked Roasted Garlic Burgers by Our Good Life
- Crispy Garlic Baked Potato Wedges by Cook with Renu
- Garlic Breadstick Snakes by Palatable Pastime
- Garlic Cheesy Knots by Simply Inspired Meals
- Garlic Puffs by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Garlic Twists by Sid’s Sea Palm Cooking
- Kale and Garlic Ciabatta by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Lemon Garlic Milk Sauce Roast Chicken by Food Lust People Love
- Pampushky (Ukrainian Garlic Bread) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Twisted Garlic Cheese Bread by Sneha’s Recipe
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons below to share this recipe.
Last Updated on