These Greek Lemon Roasted Potatoes are a perfect crispy side or a starter for parties with a delicious lemon flavour.
The name itself makes me drool and when I saw this recipe here, I immediately shortlisted it. What would be more good than having some crisp potatoes that are roasted completely in the oven and with a kick of Lemon? Crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside. I know you are drooling!!
Type of Potatoes used
Try to use the starchy kind of potatoes to get that perfect crispy texture. Maris Piper is the ideal one for this.
Semolina or Rice Flour for Crispier Potatoes
The other secret to getting it crisp is the addition of semolina. Adding Semolina adds the crunch to it, but if you want you can skip it completely to make it gluten-free, replace it with rice flour, as I added in my recipe for Spicy and Sweet Baked Cauliflower Wings . Maybe next time I will try with Rice flour and update the recipe here.
There is no need to parboil them but if you want you can do it. I like to have less work and especially when I know the results can be achieved without adding the extra step. So I added them straight in the oven, instead of parboiling or letting them sit in cold water for some time. Just cut the potatoes into wedges, add the lemon sauce mixture and bake them in the oven for 45-60 minutes. Do not be afraid if you overbake them as they would be crunchier and taste the best.
Keep an eye after 35-45 minutes, as all ovens are different. I removed my wedges after 60 minutes as some of them were turning black on the edges, but I must have let the other also cook till then as the one’s turned black on the edges were the crispiest and the yummiest. This can be enjoyed as is or as a side to your main meals.
More Similar Recipes on my blog
- Crispy Garlic Baked Potato Wedges
- Vegan Baked Oats and Vegetable Bites
- Sticky Honey Sriracha Cauliflower Wings (Baked & Gluten Free)
- Easy Homemade Baked Falafel (No Canned Beans)
Pin it for Later –
Greek Style Lemon Roasted Potatoes (Patates Lemonates)
- 3 large potatoes
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 75 ml olive oil
- 75 ml water
- 1/2 tablespoon dried Oregano
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 teaspoon Semolina
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 Deg C / 400 Deg F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the potatoes into Wedges.3 large potatoes
- In a blender make a paste of garlic, olive oil, oregano, semolina.2-3 cloves of garlic, 75 ml olive oil, 1/2 tablespoon dried Oregano, 1 teaspoon Semolina
- Add in the water, lemon juice, salt and pepper.Juice of 1 Lemon, Salt to taste, Freshly ground pepper to taste, 75 ml water
- Coat this mixture onto the potatoes covering all over.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 45-60 minutes turning in between 2-3 times, until done.
- Do have a close look after 35-45 minute as all ovens are different.
- Replace Semolina with Rice Flour or skip Semolina for gluten-free
- Baking time may vary depending on the oven
Love to read your comments and feedback. If you have any questions please ask in the comment section. I will try to answer as soon as I can.
If you tried this recipe, please comment below, and do not forget to rate the Recipe.
Subscribe to my email list to get the new recipes straight into your mailbox.