Nut butters are simply called butter because when this nuts are grinned they get a spreadable consistency and a high fat content but definitely much healthier. They help in removing bad cholesterol and are a magic food, but with the store bought ones comes in added sugar or salt or many processed contents. Its really very easy to make but only thing required is patience and a good food processor or a powerful blender.
Peanut butter is a food paste or spread made using peanuts. It’s a very popular butter and is used as a spread on bread, crackers biscuits and even in confectionery items such as granola bars or even used in cakes and cupcakes. It is packed with a lot of good nutrients and healthy fats.
I made this peanut butter with simple red peanuts. I kept the skin intact and added some honey to add the sweet taste. I had omitted salt in the start but added at the end, for the kick. I had to use a bit of coconut oil as even after 8-10 minutes of grinding I was nowhere to the butter consistency. But this is optional and only add if you find it is not coming to the consistency. Also this will take time. Grind it for every 1-2 minutes and stop and again grind. I even left it in between for 15-20 minutes and then started again. But the end result was awesome. I am enjoying it daily with a slice of bread or on my crackers.
A funny thing happened on the day I was making this. I was all done with my butter and ready to take shots. There was a person who just came to my house to do some work. He was just eyeing the butter. when he was leaving he asked me whats that, I said its peanut butter. He was like, do you make it on your own. I said yes. I offered him to taste and he was so happy. I got a compliment that you should start selling in Jars. Hehe.
We are starting a new Blogging Marathon for the month of June 2018, where we a group of bloggers choose a minimum of 2 different themes and blog for 3 continuous day in a week. I have participated in 4 different themes for this month and the theme for this week opted by me is Condiments. So this is my second post on condiment’s. My earlier post was Spicy Vada Pao Chutney | Spicy Garlic and Red chilly Chutney.
So here goes the recipe:
- 300 gms of Red Peanuts (More or less as per you, but do not start with too much as it will take time to process.)
- 2 tablespoon of Honey (Can be substituted with Maple Syrup or Agave)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoon Coconut oil. (only if needed and one can use vegetable oil or any flavorless oil)
- Spread the Red peanuts on a baking sheet and drizzle honey and let it roast for 5 minutes or until you see the skins have started coming.
- This can be done on a pan with medium heat.
- Once cooled, take that in the food processor and start grinding in intervals of a min and every time giving it a quick mix as it has a tendency to get stuck up under the blades.
- I have not taken the skin out, you can if you wish.
- Repeat this until you get the desired consistency. Give a break after 5-8 minutes if it is not done. Repeat after some time.
- If needed add oil like 1 teaspoon or 1/2 tablespoon at a time, not more.
- We like our peanut butter a bit coarse and hence I did not go until very smooth consistency. Also for more smoother consistency oil will be required.
- Enjoy it with a slice of bread or on crackers or just gobble it 🙂
Pin for Later
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.