When fresh figs are in stock you need to make this healthy and protein-rich, Marinated Fresh Figs and Mozzarella salad.
One of my summer favorite salads is when fresh figs are in stock. This Fresh fig and mozzarella salad is incredibly easy to make and is vegetarian and gluten-free.
It has a perfect balance of flavors. The sweetness from ripe figs and the slight tart or sour taste from vinegar and lemon zest. Mint helps flavor the cheese. All in all a perfect salad or a light meal can be served for lunch or light dinner.
When I first made this recipe I was a bit skeptical. This was a completely new combination for me. Fruit and cheese never tried it. But I loved it and made it a few times already. Yes, the pics are almost 2 years old and I did not post the recipe. But here I am today with the recipe.
Ingredients and Replacements in Marinated Fig & Mozzarella Salad
Fresh figs – Fresh figs are used in this recipe. It has a slightly sweet taste, is low in calories, and is best for salads or snacks.
Mozzarella cheese – The creamy mozzarella cheese complements well with fresh sweet figs. If you cannot source mozzarella cheese I would say ricotta cheese or even fresh paneer would work here. But be sure to use some soft type of cheese and not hard.
Balsamic Vinegar, Lemon Zest, lemon juice, and olive oil are used to marinate the figs. Do not skip this step. Marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
Mint leaves, salt, and pepper are used to marinate the mozzarella cheese.
Rocket Leaves – are used as a salad base. One can replace it with spinach or tender beetroot leaves or any fresh green leaves.
Marinated Fig and Mozzarella Salad
- 4 ripe Fresh Figs cut into quarters.
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of ½ lemon More or less as per liking
- 10-12 fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh rocket leaves
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder to taste
- 1 pack – 200 grams – ½ cup – mozzarella cheese More or less as preferred
- Rinse and pat dry the figs.
- Cut each into four wedges/quarters.
- Add Vinegar, oil, grated lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Add a bit of salt and fresh ground black pepper powder and mix.
- Add this marinate to the figs and let it stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Roughly chop the mint into small pieces.
- Drain and slice the mozzarella cheese into lengths or as desired.
- Toss the cheese with the mint leaves, salt, and black pepper powder and leave it until the figs marinate.
- Scatter the rocket leaves in a bowl.
- Arrange the mozzarella cheese slices and figs around.
- Drizzle the leftover marinate all over and serve.
Sharing this with
- A Day in the Life on the Farm: BYO Chef Salad Bar
- Karen’s Kitchen Stories: Fennel, Red Cabbage, Goat Cheese, & Citrus Salad
- Sneha’s Recipe: Keto Coleslaw with Keto Thousand Island Dressing
- Culinary Cam: Lahpet Thoke (Fermented Tea Leaf Salad)
- Cook with Renu: Marinated Fig and Mozzarella Salad
- Mayuri’s Jikoni: Pasta & Sweet Potato Salad
- The Mad Scientist’s Kitchen: Pasta Salad
- Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice: Spicy Mojito Cucumber Salad
- Food Lust People Love: Tenderstem Broccoli (Broccolini) Potato Salad
- Amy’s Cooking Adventures: Vegetarian Greek Salad with Chickpeas
Love to read your comments and feedback. If you have any questions please ask in the comment section. I will try to answer as soon as I can.
If you tried this recipe, please comment and rate the recipe. Tag me at @cookwithrenu_ad on Instagram.
Subscribe to my email list to get the new recipes straight into your mailbox.