Looking for a refreshing and filling breakfast smoothie that is healthy as well? Try this summer’s favorite Strawberry Mango Mint Smoothie that is bursting with flavors from the chocolate mint herb, fresh strawberries, and ripe mangoes.
Vegan and Dairy-Free Smoothie
This smoothie is vegan or dairy-free. I use coconut-based or soya yogurt to make this smoothie. A protein-rich smoothie with added chia seeds that keeps you full for a long. One can use dairy-based yogurt as well.
Chocolate Mint Herb
This recipe uses fresh Chocolate mint herbs. Yes, you heard it right. Chocolate mint is a type of mint. It is not 2 different ingredients. I was intrigued by this herb when I heard it for the first time 3 years ago. I wanted to try it, so this year finally I am growing this in my garden.
Delighted that I got this herb. It does not smell chocolate though, or I may be wrong. But it has a strong distinct smell to it. The leaves are big and deep green and the stalks are purple. As all mint this too grows a lot and I am now looking for ways to use this.
Recipes with Chocolate Mint Herb
I like to make infused water with this chocolate mint. The water feels so refreshing. I have also made a chocolate mint bark with this and hopefully, I will add the recipe soon. The rest goes into drying this out and storing it for the whole year so that I can make my infused herbal tea.
With all that said about the chocolate mint herb, one can definitely use regular mint or any variety of mint in this Strawberry Mango Chocolate Mint Smoothie.
The motivation for this recipe came from a book. It used thyme or some other herb, but then I thought to replace it with chocolate mint. Rest I am using fresh strawberries and Alphonso mango in this. Any sweet variety of mango will work. Strawberries give a little tart taste perfectly balanced by the sweet mangoes.
Next, I am using vegan yogurt for this recipe, which has chia seeds soaked in it. This increases the protein content of the recipe and makes it a healthy start to the day. Vegan yogurt can be replaced with any normal yogurt.
I am using cardamom to flavor this as opposed to vanilla essence or anything. To be honest, we do not need any flavoring here, but cardamom adds a nice subtle taste.
I am sharing this post with our Shhh Cooking Secretly group, where the theme of this month was recipes with Mango announced by Anu from Ente Thattukada. Radha from The Magical Ingredients gave me, chia seeds and cardamom, and I decided to make this refreshing Strawberry Mango Mint Smoothie.
Strawberry Mango Mint Smoothie
- Pulp of 1 ripe mango around 1 Cup
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 teaspoon chia seeds
- 2 pods of cardamom de-seeded
- 8-10 fresh mint leaves
- 8-10 fresh strawberries
- Water only if required
- In a cup add half of the yogurt.1 cup yogurt
- Add chia seeds and mix.2 teaspoon chia seeds
- Let it sit for 10-15 minutes until the chia seeds swell up.
- In the meantime rinse the strawberries and mint leaves.8-10 fresh strawberries, 8-10 fresh mint leaves
- Pat it dry.
- In a blender add the strawberries, mango, and mint.Pulp of 1 ripe mango, 8-10 fresh strawberries, 8-10 fresh mint leaves
- Blend it into a puree.
- Add in the remaining yogurt and blend again.1 cup yogurt
- Add in the yogurt chia mixture and blend again.
- Deseed the cardamom and add the seeds and blend again.2 pods of cardamom de-seeded
- If required add some water to the consistency desired. (I have not added any water)Water
- Garnish with mint, mango slices, and strawberry slices, and serve.
Measurements are rough guidelines. One can adjust as per taste.
Sharing this with
Love to read your comments and feedback. If you have any questions please ask in the comment section. I will try to answer as soon as I can.
If you tried this recipe, please comment and rate the recipe. Tag me at @cookwithrenu_ad on Instagram.
Subscribe to my email list to get the new recipes straight into your mailbox.