Pumpkin Bundt Cake
So I was waiting for fresh Pumpkin to come in our stores and they were not there till the start of October and I choose this Seasonal Fruits & Vegetables theme to make this pumpkin cake and I was feeling as I have to change my plans now, but got it last week and you all can imagine my excitement. I first thing I put in my shopping cart was the pumpkin. Did I tell you that I was not a pumpkin lover. Well when you are a food blogger you start loving all foods.
So coming to todays recipe, I have just made pumpkin sabji(vegetable) till date and was keen on trying a cake or a cookie. Yes the big jump from vegetable to a cake. But I love adding different vegetables in cake and wanted to experiment this too. The cake turned out to be super moist and with a lovely golden colour. I could understand the cake texture simply when I inverted it , it was so so soft and yum. Initially I had the plan to club this my chocolate theme, but ran out of chocolate chips, then I thought will drizzle some chocolate ganache or syrup on top. I have even melted the chocolate, but did not feel like as this beauty was good on its own. As always my son was the critic and without him knowing what was the flavour of the cake, I asked him to taste it along with his friends. He and his friends on seeing the cake, were not sure if they are going to eat it, as it was not the typical brown or white colour, but after the first bite they all had a second serving. So this is my new go to vegetable cake 🙂
I used fresh pumpkin puree but one can use canned version too. I have adapted the recipe from here with few modifications.
So here goes the recipe:-
Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 Cup 120 ml Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 Cups / 175 gms Granulated white sugar
- 1 Cups/ 280 ml Fresh pumpkin puree
- 1 Cups/ 130 grams All purpose flour /Maida/Plain Flour (One can replace with Whole Wheat flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
For Pumpkin Puree
- Peel and cut the pumpkin into cubes.
- Boil them in a large pan until soft or pressure cook them
- Once cool, puree them in a blender or using a strainer with the back of a spoon.
For the Cake
- Preheat the oven to 180 Deg C. Spray or grease a 6 inch bundt pan or a tube pan.
- In a wide bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices.
- In a separate bowl of your stand mixer or with hand mixer beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla extract until well combined. Should take around 2-3 minutes. The colour slightly changes.
- Add the pumpkin puree and beat until incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin batter and beat just until incorporated.
- Pour the prepared batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for approximately 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely before removing.
- One can then frost the cake with some chocolate ganache or enjoy it as is.
- 1/8 tsp of ground cloves can be added too
- One can add around 1 cup of chopped walnuts or mini chocolate chips
Love to read your comments and feedback. Do drop a line in the comment section if you like and do not forget to rate the Recipe. If you try this recipe, would love to see your creations, take a picture and do tag me at @cookwithrenu using the hashtag #Cookwithrenu on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and @Renunad on Instagram. Subscribe to my email list so that you get the recipe straight in your mailbox.
Pin it for Later:
Sending this to:
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons below to share this recipe.