Starting up the new year with a healthy and a completely vegan recipe. Vegan Baked Oats and Vegetable Bites, is a versatile recipe which can be made using the ingredients at home and serves as good party appetizer a snack or even bite size toddler food. This Baked Oats and Vegetable bites are loaded with low carb vegetables like cauliflower and Broccoli and uses very little oil like a teaspoon, just to brush the top and bottom to give them a bit of crunch.
The preparation can be even made ahead and can be just baked when required. One can fry them as pakoda’s or bhajiya’s but I wanted a healthy, guilt-free version. Also, I am not calling it as Gluten-free as some consider oats to be gluten-free and some not, due to the way it is handled. So I leave the decision to you.
The idea for these baked bites came to me on the go. I had my leftover Oats Vegetable chila(Pancake) batter with some modification, in the original recipe I have used semolina, which I replaced with Chickpea flour. In that batter, I had already added some capsicum, onion and little Broccoli. I wanted to finish the batter and prepare something healthy, so I added more Broccoli and cauliflower to it so that I have a thick consistency batter so that I can shape them into mini bites. So no more talking and straight to the recipe:
More Oats, Broccoli or Cauliflower Recipes on my blog
- Cauliflower and Green Onion Fritters
- Sticky Honey Sriracha Cauliflower Wings
- Broccoli Toor Arhar Dal/Indian Lentil Soup
- Broccoli Cheese Stir Fry
- Beetroot and Oats cookies
- Oats and Dali (Broken Wheat/Cracked Wheat) Idli
and many more….
Pin it for Later –
Vegan Baked Oats and Vegetable Bites
- 1.5 Cups Oats flour (Porridge Oats grinded in mixer_
- 0.5 Cup Chickpea Flour (Besan)
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Capsicum
- 1 Cup Broccoli Rice (Broccoli Rice – is broccoli grated or minced very finely, I used food processor, you can use any chopper)
- 1 Cup Grated Cauliflower Rice (Cauliflower Rice – is Cauliflower grated or minced very finely, I used food processor, you can use any chopper)
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped onion (optional)
- 2-3 grated garlic (optional)
- 1/2 inch grated ginger (optional)
- 2 Green chilli finely chopped (optional and to taste)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala powder
- ½ teaspoon Red Mirchi Powder (as per taste)
- 1 teaspoon Corainder Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 Cup Dahi/Yogurt (Vegans can use vegan curd)
- Water for mixing.
- 1 teaspoon Oil for greasing or spray
- Mix all the ingredients and make it to a thick consistency batter.
- Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 Deg C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- After 10 minutes, using a spoon, drop around tablespoon of batter leaving some gap in between.
- Bake them for 10 mins. Then after 10 mins lightly apply a teaspoon of oil in total all over the pattice/bites
- Bake them for another 20 minutes.
- Try to turn them upside down and bake again for 10 minutes. Do this slowly, as they might stick to the paper. If they are not coming out easily bake for some more time.
- Turn them again and increase the heat of the oven to 200 Deg C. Bake them for 5 mins until done.
- Once done, serve them hot with some tomato ketchup or chutney of your choice.
- Baking Times vary, you are a better judge of your oven.
- They might take a bit more or less time, Keep an eye on them after 35-40 minutes.
Love to read your comments and feedback. If you have any questions please ask in the comment section. I will try to answer as soon as I can.
If you tried this recipe, please comment below, and do not forget to rate the Recipe.
Subscribe to my email list to get the new recipes straight into your mailbox.
Linking this with
Vegan Recipes for #Veganuary
- Vegan Burrito Bowls with Jackfruit Carnitas by The Baking Fairy
- Baba Ganoush by Lemon Blossoms
- Creamy Vegan Curry Bean Soup by Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Delicata Squash Fries with Chipotle Garlic Dipping Sauce by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Instant Pot Breakfast Stuffed Sweet Potatoes by The Live-In Kitchen
- Instant Pot Chipotle Sofritas by Herbivore Cucina
- Moroccan Eggplant with Chermoula by Caroline’s Cooking
- Roasted Veggies with Satay Peanut Sauce by Hardly A Goddess
- Scrambled Tofu with Sweet Potato & Kale Hash by The Spiffy Cookie
- Vegan Artichoke Hummus by A Day In The Life On The Farm
- Vegan Baked Oats and Vegetable Bites by Cook With Renu
- Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Sandwiches by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Vegan Cannellini Rocket Tortilla Pizza by The Fiery Vegetarian
- Veg Chettinad (Vegan Spicy Vegetable Curry) by Flavours Treat
- Vegan Cookie Dough Energy Balls by Veggie Lexi
- Vegan Cranberry Apple Chickpea Salad by Join Us, Pull Up A Chair
- Vegan Fire-Roasted Tomato and Bean Soup by Blogghetti
- Vegan Khoresh Bademjan by Palatable Pastime
- Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff with Tofu by Simple and Savory
- Vegan Superfood Breakfast Cookies by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Vegan Thai Roasted Carrots with Peanuts by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Vegan Vanilla Chai Oatmeal by Fairyburger