Veg Fried Rice (Without Ajinomoto)

Rice with the goodness of vegetables…and give it the name Chinese everyone simply loves it. Good thing is that we do not cook the vegetables in Chinese or rather Indo Chinese too much so the goodness of the vegetables remains. Enjoy the crunchy vegetables with Manchurian or any chinese gravy. Simply yummy. 

 

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup Mixed Bell Peppers either cut in lengthwise or squares. (Green, Red, Yellow, all is good, but if you have 1 that is also fine.)
  • 1/4 cup Green Onion cut lengthwise or squares
  • 1/4 cup Carrot finely chopped  
  • 1/4 cup Beans diagonally cut (In the picture it cannot be seen as I did not had it)
  • 1/4 cup Green onion leaves chopped finely
  • 1 teaspoon Grated Ginger
  • 1 teaspoon Grated Garlic
  • Black Pepper powder (Kali mirch) as per taste
  • 2 tablespoon Olive Oil  
  • 1 tablespoon Soya sauce  
  • 1/2 tablespoon vinegar  
  • 1 Cup of Rice 
  • Salt to taste

 

Note: I also do add cabbage at times as it is hardly seen.


Preparation of Rice:

  1. Soak the rice for at-least 15 minutes.
  2. In a large pan boil Enough water, around 4-5 cups. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt in it.
  3. Once the water starts boiling add the rice.
  4. Now cook the rice till 90% done. Do not cook fully or else it becomes soft and break when you mix it with the vegetables. The remaining 10% of Rice gets cooked when you mix it with all the vegetables.
  5. Use a strainer to drain the water. In this way the rice is cooked more properly and opens out very nicely.

Preparation of Fried Rice

  1. In a large wok or Kadai add the Olive oil.
  2. Once the oil gets heated add the Onion. Cook them for 1 min.
  3. Now add the vegetables starting with Carrot and Beans. (Always cook Chinese on high flame).
  4. Cook them for 1-2 minutes.
  5. Add the bell peppers and cook for just a minute. As they get soft easily.
  6. Add the rice and give it a gentle mix. (or else the rice will break and become a lump). (cane reduce the flame for the time being.
  7. Now add the Black pepper, Soya sauce, Vinegar and salt (Do not add too much salt, as we have added it in rice as well it is there in Soya sauce)
  8. Mix it well. (High flame)
  9. Yippee its ready, now garnish it with Green onion leaves and serve it hot with Manchurian or any Chinese gravy dishes.

 

Love to read your comments and feedback. 

Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.

Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.

Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.

 

(Visited 19 times, 1 visits today)
Rate This


0 thoughts on “Veg Fried Rice (Without Ajinomoto)”

  • The intensity of articles can with out issues be felt of this weblog. Very specific and without delay to the mark. I understood with out difficulty the problem of fact which the author of this weblog wanted to deliver thru his mind. looking for more. Chinese buffet

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


%d bloggers like this: