Vegetable Paneer Kofta Curry
I use to generally make kofta curry’s using Almond’s and Cashew, or curd or cream. But this one is without it. Have learnt this from my sister and my best friend. Her kofta curry is simply delicious and can be finished in no time. It is also quick to make and is rich in itself. So thought of giving it a go. So here is her recipe. I might have missed some ingredients or my procedure might have changed 🙂
For the Curry:
- 2 tablespoons of Peanuts (lightly dry roasted)
- 1-2 Dried red chili
- 1 Onion
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1-2 cm of Dalchini (cinnamon) or 1/4 teaspoon of Dalchini powder
- 1-2 Green chilies (as per taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Jeera (Cumin seeds)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Coriander Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 Cup of Coriander (Hara Dhaniya)
- 2-3 Long (Clove)
- 1 Big Elaichi (cardamom)
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1/2 inch ginger
- salt to taste
- 2 Tablespoons of Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of Asafoetida (Hing)
- Chopped Coriander for garnishing
- Lightly Dry roast the peanuts.
- Grind together peanuts (I use it with skin), red chili, onion, tomatoes, dalchini, Green chilies, Jeera, Corainder Powder, Garam Masala Powder, Clove, Cardamom, Corainder, garlic, ginger. Add water if required.
- Make it into a smooth paste.
- In a pan or a kadai(Wok), add oil.
- Once the oil is hot add Hing. Once it sizzles add the masala and let it cook for 3-4 minutes. The masala should be cooked properly until one sees that it starts leaving the vessel or starts leaving oil.
- Add salt to taste and enough water as per desired consistency.
- Let it cook for 10 minutes on medium flame.
- Curry is ready. Do not add the Kofta’s now, or else it will absorb all the curry.
- Just before serving, In a bowl add Kofta’s and add curry on top of it. Garnish it with Chopped Coriander.
- Serve it with Roti, Naan or Rice.
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.