Vegetable and Mix Flour (Rava(Semolina),Rice,Oats) Pancake
Last Updated on
I bought extra coarse rava by mistake. I tried to make my Vegetable Rava Pancake with it but it became too dry and was difficult to bind it into a pancake. So the next time I added Rice flour and some oats flour to give it a base. I always add vegetables which I have in hand, this time I added Cabbage, Zucchini, Capsicum and Parsley. So here goes the recipe………..
- 1 Cup finely chopped lenghtwise Cabbage
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped lenghtwise Zucchini
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped Capsicum/Bell Pepper’s (I used yellow and red)
- 1-2 finely chopped green chillies (Optional / as per taste)
- 1 Cup Rava (Semolina) (I used extra coarse, but normal one will also do)
- 1 Cup Oats or 3/4 Cup Oats Flour
- 1/2 Cup Rice Flour
- 2 Tablespoon Dahi (Curd)
- 1/4 cup chopped Parsley
- 1 Cup Water (as per requirement)
- Salt as per taste
- 2-3 tablespoons of Sesame seeds (Til)
- Some oil for shallow frying.
- Grind the Oats in a grinder or simply use Oats Flour.
- Soak the Rava, Rice and Oats flour in Dahi, Salt and enough water. Do not make it very thin. You can add water later if required.
- Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes. This will help the flour soak the water and dahi.
- After 10 minutes, mix all the vegetables, green chillies, parsley. Add water if required. We do not want a watery mixture, just enough water to hold all together.
- Heat a pan, add a teaspoon of oil. Once hot add sesame seeds. The seeds will crackle and pop up. Be careful as the seeds pop up all over.
- Immediately add around 2-3 tablespoons or around 1/4 cup of mixture and spread it. It is not watery so it will not be smooth to spread the mixture.
- Cover the pan cake with a lid. Cook on slow to medium flame/gas for 5-7 mins. Once it is golden brown, add a teaspoon of oil on the top surface, and then flip it and cook again for 5-7 mins.
- I cook a little more as I like it to be dark golden brown or rather a little more crispy. It is up to you.
- Serve it with yummy Imli Chutney and Coriander Chutney
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.