Beet Root Puri
Last Updated on
- 2 Cup Whole Wheat flour
- 1/2 Cup Beet Root Grated (I used raw only and One can even make puree)
- Oil 1 Tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Jeera (Cumin seeds)
- 1/2 teaspoon Haldi (Turmeric)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder (or as per taste)
- Oil for frying
- Knead the dough with Grated Beet, 1 tablespoon oil, Jeera, Red Chilli powder and salt. The dough should be stiffer than normal Roti/Chapati dough
- Let it rest for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into equal sized balls.
- Start rolling it into round shape around 2-2.5 inch in diameter.
- Puri should be rolled evenly to have nice fluffy puri’s
- In the mean while start heating the oil. Once the oil is nice and hot dip the puris. To test if the oil is hot enough, dip a small pinch of the puri dough in hot oil, it should come instantly up or alteast in 3-4 seconds.
- When you dip the puri, let it first come up and then slowly press it with the back of your spoon to let it puff up.
- Turn and again let it cook on the other side.
- We just need to cook on either side, there is no need of turning it upside down again and again.
- Hot and yummy puri’s are ready. Enjoy it with Kheer or Spicy Aloo Saag.
Check out different types of Paratha’s and Puri’s by clicking here
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.