Zucchini chocolate Wholewheat Cake/Bread
Last Updated on
So here goes the recipe for Zucchini chocolate Wholewheat Cake:
- 1 1/2 cups shredded raw zucchini (courgette) (I roughly put it around 1 1/2 cups, a bit more or less is fine, but not too much)
- 1 cup (130 grams) Whole Wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (45 grams) cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 3/4 cup semi sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) vegetable, sunflower (corn, or canola oil should work, I always use vegetable or sunflower)
- 3/4 cup (175 grams) Dark brown sugar (one can add white granulated sugar too)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 Deg Celsius.
- Line a Loaf pan with liner or one can just spray or grease the pan with oil.
- Grate the Zucchini using a medium size grater.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt and ground cinnamon.
- Fold in the chocoalte chips.
- In another large bowl whisk the eggs. The add the oil, sugar and vanilla extract and whish until well blended.
- Fold in the grated zucchini and then fold into the flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Fill in the Loaf pan to 2/3rd with batter and bake for 55-60 minutes or until they are springy or a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean. Keep your eye after 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack and let it cool completely.
- Yummy and healthy Zucchini Chocolate Wholewheat Cake is ready.
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.