Zucchini/Courgette Fritters (mini Pan Cakes)
Last Updated on
Zucchini or Courgette is a summer squash and is a vegetable and is generally lightly cooked and served as a savory dish or accompaniment. Generally grilled , stuffed or one can even make a chocolate Zucchini bread or a simple Zucchini Banana bread. The list is endless. I wanted to make something chatpata and as a side dish for lunch so came up with the idea of Fritters or mini pancakes. This can be served also during breakfast. I did not wanted to fry them so shallow fried them with barely a teaspoon of oil for 3 Fritters. So here goes the recipe:
- 1/2 grated Zucchini (Grate it along with the skin)
- 1 small onion grated
- 1 garlic grated (Paste can be added)
- 1/2 inch ginger grated (Paste can be added)
- 1/2 Cup of Rice Flour.
- 1/2 teaspoon of Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Chat Masala Powder
- Salt to taste
- Mix all the ingredients and let it rest for 10-15 minutes. The water in the vegetables will be released, which will help all the ingredients to form a thick batter.
- Heat a non-stick pan or a skillet. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of oil. (One can deep fry and make bhajiya’s)
- Take a spoonful of batter and spread it lightly around 1.5 inch to 2 inch in diameter.
- I spread around 3 in a pan , it depends on the pan size and how you want to cook.
- Cook until lightly brown on one side and then turn and cook again.
- Yummy and healthy Zucchini Fritters / Pan Cakes are ready. Serve it with Tomato Ketchup.
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.