Quinoa Chia Multiseed Bread (Vegan ~ Gluten Free ~ Dairy Free) #BreadBakers
I was searching for Gluten free Bread and have some options as being an Indian we do have a lot of breads made of gluten free flour. But many have an elaborate process has to first making the dough, rolling it and then cooking on a pan or flattop. There are a few which can be baked too, but then while I was searching I saw this bread Pepita Quinoa chia Bread on Pinterest and immediately fell in love with this.
So what is Quinoa, it is a plant in the same family as amarnath. It is a source of protein, dietary fiber, Vitamins & minerals. It is gluten free and easy to digest.
Quinoa is relatively new to me and I am on the lookout of new recipe for Quinoa. What made me do this bread, is that is so simple to make and is egg less, dairy free, gluten free and without any laborious process. Just add in all the ingredients in a blender or a food processor and you are done, sit back and relax while the bread is baking. The original recipe called in for Pepita, but I added a mix of Pumpkin and Sunflower seeds as I had that in hand. The only thing to remember in this bread is you need to plan in advance as we need to soak in the Quinoa and the Chia . Soaking the Quinoa softens it a bit so that it can be processed in the food processor and Chia is soaked in water as it needs to be hydrated. It swells and is good for your body. Also it forms a gel like structure and acts as an egg replacement. That’s it, the next day you just mix everything and its done.
This bread also does not contain any yeast and is very nutritious as Quinoa has protein, fiber and many essential vitamins and nutrients. Top it up with chia seeds, Sunflower and Pumpkin you are making a super food. The bread is relatively moist. When I did cut the first slice of the the bread, I was like will I eat this. But I happily enjoyed it with Cheese and the crunch from the seeds is lovely. I now daily enjoy this as my morning healthy breakfast.
I am baking this bread for our Bread Bakers event where each of us take turns in hosting and decide on a theme. Our host this month is multi talented Stacy Livingston Rushton from FoodLustPeopleandLove. Her blog has a huge collection of baked goodies sweet and savoury and I have few bookmarked to do. Thank you Stacy for giving me the opportunity to add a recipe in this event.
So here goes the recipe:
So here goes the recipe:
- 300 gms Quinoa
- 6 gms Chia seeds
- 1 Cup Water (½ cup for soaking chia + ½ cup for the bread)
- ¼ Cup Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1.5 tablespoon Cider Vinegar
- Sunflower + Pumpkin seeds (I did not measure this, simply sprinkled on the top as required)
- Olive oil for greasing the tin
- Pinch of salt (Optional)
- Wash the quinoa in tap water and soak. Leave it in the refrigerator overnight. Amount of water does not water, but add sufficient water as I found that Quinoa soaks some water.
- Put the Chia seeds in some water and stir. The original recipe called for ½ cup water, But I just added as required. Leave this as well to soak in the refrigerator.
- The next day Preheat oven to 170C. Grease or Spray a loaf pan with olive oil or any cooking spray.
- Drain the Quinoa and add it in the food processor.
- Add the Chia gel, ½ cup water, olive oil, baking soda, salt and vinegar. Process for 1-2 minutes, until all is well combined and the quinoa and chia is broken down. You might have some whole as well.
- My batter was a bit runny and not very thick, probably because I did not measure the water while soaking the Chia.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and sprinkle the top evenly with seeds.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt if requred.
- Bake on the bottom rack at 170C for 90 minutes.
- I tested by inserting a toothpick, it came out a bit moist but not sticky. I removed the bread from the oven after 90 minutes.
- Let it cool completely before cutting into slices. Since the bread is very soft it is extremely important for it to cool.
- You can enjoy it as is or toast it and enjoy it with this yummy Homemade Mix Fruit Jam
Pin it for Later:
Sending this to:
- Coconut Flour Pancakes from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Gluten Free Cheddar Garlic Biscuits from What Smells So Good?
- Gluten-Free Petite Vanilla Bean Scones from All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Idli – Steamed Sourdough Rice and Lentil Buns from Sneha’s Recipe
- Japanese Rice Crackers from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Low Carb Garlic Rosemary Bread from Gayathri’s Cook Spot
- Pan de Yuca from Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Pão de Queijo – Brazilian Cheese Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Quinoa Chia Multiseed Bread (Vegan ~ Gluten Free ~ Dairy Free) from CookWithRenu
- Spicy Besan and Fenugreek Crackers (GF and Vegan) from Sizzling Tastebuds
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.