Bite Sized Mini Uttapam’s
- Dosa Batter (1 cup – I made around 10-12 from this).
- 1 tablespoon of boiled and cooled corn
- 1 tablespoon of boiled and cooled peas
- 1 tomato sliced into shape shown below (basic thin strips to create mouth)
- Oil for shallow frying
- Cut the tomatoes as shown below.
- Heat a Dosa pan.
- Once hot, pour 1 tablespoon of mixture in the pan to form 2 inch circles.
- One can make 3-4 at once depending on your pan size.
- Turn the flame/gas on slow and start decorating the uttapam’s
- First position the tomato slice to form a mouth.
- Then add corn kernels to form teeth.
- Then green peas for eyes.
- Cover the pan and let it cook on a slow flame/gas, and drizzle some oil on the sides. We are not going to flip it as the monster face will be spoiled. So let it cook on slow.
- Once done serve it with tomato ketchup or as is.
One can use any other vegetable as one like and decorate the way they like, I just used what I had.
Some of my other Kid Friendly Recipes:
Baked French Fries (with 1 tablespoon of oil)
Beet Root Puri
Dudhi or Lauki or Bottle Gourd Paratha
Palak (Spinach) Puri’s
Zucchini, Brinjal (EggPlant) Pancake
Zucchini/Courgette Fritters (mini Pan Cakes)
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.
Last Updated on